Corgi Reg.

Bas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any experience of becoming Corgi reg to work on domestic gas installations? I'd like to become registered but do not have relevant experience and am self employed ie unable to have "on the job" training? The various web sites I have visited seem to make it deliberatly difficult to understand the process. Advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
good point but i was hoping to get some advice from a someone who had done it. I've finally learnt to ask before leaping!

Corgi changed their rules last year so now you need to work with a corgi registered plumber for a certain length of time (they give you examples of what experience they will accept on their website) to get practical experience of boilers. My aim is to be a corgi registered plumber but I am a mere plumbing student on a one day a week course and am not working with a plumber.

In the old days parents of youngsters paid employers to take their children on as apprentices and the apprentices were given food and lodging by their employers. So I'm thinking about paying a corgi registered plumber £100 a week to take me on as an apprentice for a year while I learn the theory by myself. Yes that will cost me £5000 a year but I have a weekend job which will pay my bills and I'm thinking that it will be financially worthwhile in the long term. An Corgi registered plumbers here who would take on an apprentice if he paid you £100 a week?

Pete

Sponsored Links
Why on earth would you want to pay someone to give you experience in gas, with your college fees and paying someone for a year to gain experience, when you qualify it will be a while before you recoup your costs before you can start earning a living, believe me plumbers money is not that high, is it really worth the outlay

How much experience do you have to show, where are you based, I am Corgi registered and I have work on with condensing boiler installations mostly new build.

Hi billy bob,

I have no experience on boilers. I have nearly finished my two year nvq level 2 pluming course. Next year I will do nvq 3 (technical certificate) and will learn about gas, theory and practice, but unless i have experience working with a corgi registered plumber i can't get my corgi registration so cant touch gas. I live in Brighton. How much experience do you have with gas and do you mind me asking roughly what you earn?

Peter

I think you will find that you need work experience just to finish your NVQ3

I have been a plumbing, heating and gas engineer since leaving school at 16, I completed my city & Guilds Craft and Advanced at 21, I am now 39, so I have a fair bit of experience.

I have a contract in Brighton, I am only fitting two MHS condensing boilers, but there is a lot of hot and cold services and heating pipework in iron, post your email address and I will give you details, maybe you could pop along and I could see if I could help you out.

peter anderson said:
Any Corgi registered plumbers here who would take on an apprentice if he paid you £100 a week?

would I have to feed him/her????????
kitekat.jpg

peter anderson said:
I live in Brighton.

I live in Hove. Do you have a listing in the yellow pages? It would be good to have the number of a plumber should the need arise. I'm always weary of calling a random name and no-one can recommend a local.

Hi Voicey,

Yes : "Anderson plumbing". I stutter so don't be scared if you hear a frightening gurgling sound if you phone me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back