CORGI reg'd fitters

but for the most part, before cash and kudos we do all have the safety and comfort for pillocks like you (jdey) at the forefront of our mind

Hmmmm..
Safety - yes.
But steadily decreasing concern about comfort. :evil:

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
WHO THE F CARES!!!!!!

come on for the love of god this is just stupid

jdey stop being a pillock and goading everyone

softus tony stop rising to his bait

its getting boring

Well said corgiman!. I think we would all agree that people should be qualified for the job they are doing. In this country there is a lot of misuse of the term engineer as a job title, and its something the engineering council are onto. But there is a lack of understanding on the part of the general public on what a engineer really is, and what it involves.

In many countries abroad, you can't call yourself an engineer unless you are chartered. Of course there are institutions for the various engineering disciplines here too, BUT the problem is you can be a practising engineer and NOT be chartered, which is how the misuse can creep in.

To become chartered not only do you have to have to have an approved qualification for your field, but you need to have completed other relevant training, as well as several years experience AND you have to be in a position where you have a large amount of engineering responsibility. There's a lot of hoops to jump through, particulary for the IEE - they give you a grilling before an interview panel at savoy place, in London - not fun!

Going back to the heating and plumbing industry, I think we would all agree that people should be trained and qualified for the work they are doing - and thats all I was getting at! And its also unfair that the small number of cowboys out there can give a bad image to all the skilled, consciencious guys - who are doubtless in the majority.

And there are also people who are qualified/trained etc but still useless - I'm sure many of us have encountered ineffectual solicitors, accountants who made mistakes and so on...

Apologies for stirring up a hornets nest!!

CHeers

Rob

robgee1964 said:
I think we would all agree that people should be qualified for the job they are doing.
I don't agree.

robgee1964 said:
<a lot of boring twaddle about other countries>

robgee1964 said:
Going back to the heating and plumbing industry, I think we would all agree that people should be trained and qualified for the work they are doing - and thats all I was getting at!
I don't agree. In my opinion, people should merely be competent. How they achieve and sustain that is up to them.

robgee1964 said:
And its also unfair that the small number of cowboys out there can give a bad image to all the skilled, consciencious guys - who are doubtless in the majority.
It's an unfair world. I'm glad that there are cowboys who create work for me to do.

robgee1964 said:
And there are also people who are qualified/trained etc but still useless
In which case, why oh why oh why do you believe "that people should be trained and qualified for the work they are doing"?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
robgee1964 said:
I think we would all agree that people should be qualified for the job they are doing.
I don't agree.

robgee1964 said:
Going back to the heating and plumbing industry, I think we would all agree that people should be trained and qualified for the work they are doing - and thats all I was getting at!
I don't agree. In my opinion, people should merely be competent. How they achieve and sustain that is up to them.

robgee1964 said:
And its also unfair that the small number of cowboys out there can give a bad image to all the skilled, consciencious guys - who are doubtless in the majority.
It's an unfair world. I'm glad that there are cowboys who create work for me to do.

I take it from those comments that you are competent and not qualified for the work you do.

Gasman1015 said:
I take it from those comments that you are competent and not qualified for the work you do.
I'm not sure what to make of that, but thank you for letting us know about the kind of illogical assumptions that you are, perhaps, prone to making.

Gasman1015 said:
No problem, merely an observation, touchy are'nt we.
Er, no. You've got it wrong again - care to go for the hat trick?

No thanks, seen enough of your verbal diarrhoea for one day.

Have a pleasant evening ;)

Right I have thought of some nouns for plumbers/gas fitters/ engineers/WHATEVER

1, an arguement of the above
2, a contrary of the above
3, a quarrelsome ditto.
4, a rightloadofoldbollocks of

care to add some more?

I take it these are collective nouns, as in a flock of birds or a school of whales.

How about a flood of plumbers?

Or a blast of gas fitters?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back