Coronavirus: China rejects call for probe into origins of disease

focusing on the source of the virus is a handy way for Tory supporters to divert attention from the govts poor response to this crisis

Right, let this quote be evidence that @Notch7 does not believe in the maxim "if you do not study your history, your are doomed to repeat it".

(For the hard of comprehension; if you don't look for the source of CV, you are crossing your fingers for it to not happen again).

Sponsored Links
I for one am not "scapegoating" China.
I am however all for investigating the root cause, so that any recurrence may be prevented, or its likelihood minimised.
The simplest, and most likely explanation is currently the Wuhan area.

If the Chinese had acted as quickly as the Chinese did in your estimation, this thing wouldn't have seen 1st January 2020, let alone the rest of the world.
The consensus among the experts is that virus originated in dirty markets in China.
The Chinese don't dispute that assessment.
So what would an inquiry achieve.
America was infected from Italy, if Italy had responded quicker to virus would it have spread to other countries.
China banned flights from the infected region after only 500 cases, Italy had almost 4000 cases before they banned flights from their infected region.
Are the EU going to invite a delegation of American politicians to investigate their handling of the crisis.
The Chinese have been working with other agencies from the beginning of the pandemic to study the origin of Covid 19.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7664f2-414d-11ea-b503-2b077c436617_story.html

Funny thing about having an enquiry is that a number of scientists and others visited and were happy with what they found. WHO and all sorts. They have also provided what info they have freely including best treatment. Believe it or not their response time was amazing but they could for instance just shut down transport immediately.

Source - it's beginning to look like they wont tie the actual development of this one down. Might turn out that some human ate bat poo. It might just have mutated.

The experts in this area are saying that world trade in wild animals must be banned because all sorts of animals finish up in countries that didn't have them and sh#t can happen also in some forms of intensive rearing. A problem in all countries not just the far east. Thing that gets me is that these animals are not cheap where ever they are bought.

Australia complaining. Their get elected methods are so effective that observers are utterly amazed that some one was elected again as his lot are reckoned to have wrecked their economy. Loads of politicians will be looking for smoking guns to wave about. Admit fault themselves - unlikely.

Right, let this quote be evidence that @Notch7 does not believe in the maxim "if you do not study your history, your are doomed to repeat it".

(For the hard of comprehension; if you don't look for the source of CV, you are crossing your fingers for it to not happen again).

1 The source of the virus is China, they must make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again
2 Some of the Tory govt, RW media and Tory supporters are deflecting the argument away from this govts poor handling of the crisis by focusing the blame on China

It would seem Brigadier can't understand both of these statements are both true and happening simultaneously. I guess the complexity defeats some people

Sponsored Links
1 The source of the virus is China, they must make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again
2 Some of the Tory govt, RW media and Tory supporters are deflecting the argument away from this govts poor handling of the crisis by focusing the blame on China

It would seem Brigadier can't understand both of these statements are both true and happening simultaneously. I guess the complexity defeats some people

I understood it straight away. It took you some hours and Google to do the same.

UK made one major mistake and I suspect now Korea is being discussed it will come out soon. Lock down too late. It pretty obvious really. The peak gets reduced sooner so never achieves the one we had. Going on Korea it looks like they needed to react before any numbers really built up. Same with China really but they needed to find out what they were dealing with first. What came out of that is any number of infected people means there will be a problem. Just a couple of people seem to have started it in the UK.

The excuse with not locking down sooner here is not being sure we would wear it but then another similar country did and no problems so did it. That from a Sage man. Main problem I see with that is the Sage people would know how it would spread so I smell interference. Or of course wanting some number to catch it.

Or of course wanting some number to catch it.

Being brutal, a sensible approach.

Facing a totally novel and unknown virus, that is without vaccine or treatment, and is human - to - human transmissible.

Locking down will work, but will also kill loads indirectly too, as well as decimating the economy.
Imagine you latterly discover that 99+% of those infected suffer no ill effects from being infected.
Was the cure worse than the disease?
That is the quandary / "cost benefit analysis" facing the decision makers.

trump says that they have evidence that this chinese flu was manufactured in a lab in China

Trump hates everything Obama did, so he dismantled it.

A country needs a grown-up in charge.

I understood it straight away.
Wrong

If you did, you wouldn't have written this:

It took you some hours
the time to respond has nothing to do with anything, I am happy to explain if it helps

there's a conspiracy some where in this China /flu caper

I'm with trump on this :cool:

:sneaky::sneaky::)

Trump should stop watching Youtube.
Some of the stuff he comes out with is rife on Youtube.
His sidekick Mike Pompeo should do same.
Trump is alienating pro Americans everywhere, being either loved or hated in a divided country can work for him electorally but more and more peoples reaction to Trumps statements are ridicule rather than love or hate.
When even your own supporters start laughing at you then you are in trouble.
What are supporters to make of some of Trumps more recent statements.
Just one example, Trumps says he believed that there was enormous evidence that Covid 19 escaped from a Chinese lab, when it was pointed out to him that his own intelligence services said that there was no evidence that Covid 19 came from a Chinese Lab, Trump replied that he didn't disagree with their assessment.
So Trump says there is a lot of evidence that Covid 19 came from a Chinese lab but he also agrees with his intelligence services assessment that there is no evidence that Covid 19 came from a Chinese lab. :?:The only thing missing when Trump speaks is canned laughter. :D

Sponsored Links
Back