Could Brexit create new manufacturing.

Could Brexit create new manufacturing.

British manufacturing relies on parts from the EU. Could this be an opportunity for these parts now being produced in the UK or sourcing out to lets say India or even Africa. ???

If it becomes more expensive/difficult to get things from the EU then it opens up a big opportunity for UK companies to step in. It does of course open us up in a big way, to imports from the rest of the world. We were open before, but much more so next year.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Isn't that what competition is all about. If the EU are so concerned about level playing fields, why not increase the value of the Euro by 20% to where it should be.
It isn't a centrally controlled exchange rate, that's not how it works. Anyway we're doing it for them by reducing the value of the pound.

And the EU is fine with the concept of other nations doing well by, for example having better automation. They aren't if you're proping up industries with government money so they're effectively selling below cost.

Isn't that what competition is all about. If the EU are so concerned about level playing fields, why not increase the value of the Euro by 20% to where it should be.
Don't worry, the UK are about to do that for them...

Oops, I meant that the UK have already done that :rolleyes:

If we're such a rubbish nation sinking to the bottom (I can see dopey John copying that) why are the EU so worried about losing its biggest customer that contributes more than 14 other EU countries COMBINED. The haters are right, it is a sinking ship. Not us, the EU.
BTW, how are the youth unemployment rates going over there? Luckily, due to free movement ending OUR wages won't be stagnating anymore. Along with covid. It's the perfect time to leave the EUtanic, eh Elle.
You can just sense the realisation hitting home... Germany are seriously worried about losing our custom just when they need it.
The haters posts are getting more & more nasty & desperate. We must be doing something right.
Roll on 2021. A year of opportunitys

If it becomes more expensive/difficult to get things from the EU then it opens up a big opportunity for UK companies to step in. It does of course open us up in a big way, to imports from the rest of the world. We were open before, but much more so next year.

So where are all these companies suddenly going to appear from? Or are you saying they were already here but couldnt compete against EU imports?

Factor in we have a really poor investment record for SMEs. I really cannot see where this new capacity will materialise from.

If we're such a rubbish nation sinking to the bottom (I can see dopey John copying that) why are the EU so worried about losing its biggest customer that contributes more than 14 other EU countries COMBINED. The haters are right, it is a sinking ship. Not us, the EU.
BTW, how are the youth unemployment rates going over there? Luckily, due to free movement ending OUR wages won't be stagnating anymore. Along with covid. It's the perfect time to leave the EUtanic, eh Elle.
You can just sense the realisation hitting home... Germany are seriously worried about losing our custom just when they need it.
The haters posts are getting more & more nasty & desperate. We must be doing something right.
Roll on 2021. A year of opportunitys

Please take one opporunity to learn some basic economics. (y)

When the Single Market really opened up trade, it made it hard for UK businesses to compete, but the successful ones invested in technology to improve productivity.

In fact in higher end engineering some UK businesses have been able to compete against the Chinese.

I would like to see far more government investment in technical further education and professional management in this country.
I agree.

What’s interesting is that there is another cycle of investment going on by mid range engineering and manufacturing companies at the moment, driven by increased domestic demand and an increased awareness of exporting to countries outside of the EU.

Sponsored Links
Back