Leading Brexiteer to build a new car...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep - In France!

"Ineos Automotive could be set to ditch plans to build its first off-roader - revealed last week - in Britain, it has emerged today.

A state-of-the-art factory was due to be built in Bridgend, South Wales, for production of the new utilitarian Grenadier offroader, creating up to 500 jobs in the region"

"Britain's newest car manufacturer, Ineos Automotive, has confirmed that it is negotiating with Daimler to take over the Smart factory at Hambach, eastern France, as a manufacturing base for its new Grenadier range of 4x4 vehicles."

"Ineos owner, Jim Ratcliffe has been a vocal supporter of Brexit, saying Britain would thrive outside of the EU."

Ratcliffe and his ilk will of course survive rather nicely since Brexit was all about a few making a killing and sod the rest of the UK...

I wonder what it will take for the 17.4m to finally realise they made a dreadful mistake?

Sponsored Links
Yep - In France!

"Ineos Automotive could be set to ditch plans to build its first off-roader - revealed last week - in Britain, it has emerged today.

A state-of-the-art factory was due to be built in Bridgend, South Wales, for production of the new utilitarian Grenadier offroader, creating up to 500 jobs in the region"

"Britain's newest car manufacturer, Ineos Automotive, has confirmed that it is negotiating with Daimler to take over the Smart factory at Hambach, eastern France, as a manufacturing base for its new Grenadier range of 4x4 vehicles."

"Ineos owner, Jim Ratcliffe has been a vocal supporter of Brexit, saying Britain would thrive outside of the EU."

Ratcliffe and his ilk will of course survive rather nicely since Brexit was all about a few making a killing and sod the rest of the UK...

I wonder what it will take for the 17.4m to finally realise they made a dreadful mistake?

i think your missing the point here ellal,

he has the opportunity to purchase a ready made factory, the savings of this is tens of millions, the necesary skill force is also already there saving further millions.. its unfortunate if he does inded purchase the smart factory but with a business head on, it makes absolute sense, especially as its a new startup venture they might fail and the development costs incurred thus far are very likely quite high and so a saving on something such as this is likely very welcome.

also it would mean he can bring forward the release date and start earning money quicker as he wont be reliant on having to wait for a building to be built along with all the necesary infrastructure.

this also might be a smoke screen to attempt to get funding from the UK government.

however i understand that you despise all things brexit and therefore attempt to fan a flame that has long been extinguished.

however i understand that you despise all things brexit and therefore attempt to fan a flame that has long been extinguished.
..err, I hate to be a bore, but the Brexit effect won't be realised until after this year. We are still enjoying all the benefits of EU membership. Didn't you know?

A view from an ex welsh miner. Companies start up while Wales offers incentives. As soon as those stop they leave.

His view on coal was interesting. Cost of coal from China at the UK docks less than they can get to the pit head for and better quality as well.

Sponsored Links
attempt to fan a flame that has long been extinguished.
I think you will find out next year Brexit has far from 'been extinguished'.

January 2021 is when Brexit starts, all that's happened so far is a few forms have been signed.

Brexit is interesting as I find it hard to see how it can achieve anything beneficial quickly. Bit like levelling up the country. Yes but how many years to do it. I'll be very interested to see if some really bad railway bottlenecks are fixed. They have been on the books for years and never happen. We need HS2 as well for capacity especially if train use is to increase. London gets a new sewer. Most of the rest of the country is polluting rivers for significant periods every year.

Brexit can make us poorer quickly. No doubt about that, have to wait and see. The rest of Europe has got more and more expensive for us suggesting something is falling behind.

Then stick CV19 on top of that and also some who voted out have no real idea why they did that, they just did.

..err, I hate to be a bore, but the Brexit effect won't be realised until after this year. We are still enjoying all the benefits of EU membership. Didn't you know?

You know what wow I am so absolutely stupid and I am very pleased you pointed that out, i been thinking that we left 3 years ago, I'm such a knuckle dragger......

Of course I know that, but the fact of the matter is, whether we want to or not, come January we will be out of the EU whether it's with a deal or not.

Ellal does like to consistently bang on about how unhappy he is with the result, and no matter how much whinging gets done it's not going to change the result.

Inneos is making a business decision it has nothing to do with whether we leave the EU or not.

Inneos probably wanted to leave the EU for his chemistry business to be less regulated more than anything.

You know what wow I am so absolutely stupid and I am very pleased you pointed that out

long been extinguished.
It hasn't been lit yet.:rolleyes:

The pretend Brexit happened so that all that frozen Iceland buffet food could finally get eaten and actually find a use for that crummy bunting. We are still enjoying EU privileges and paying into the EU as normal.

We need HS2 as well for capacity especially if train use is to increase.

Why, now of all times, would anyone want to encourage even more use of public transport?

CV has shown some luddites that many do not need to traipse their sorry arses to a (paid for) office space, clogging up the roads, trams, buses and trains, when they can be just as productive (and happier) working from home. And better for the planet too.

No wonder UK productivity is consistently reported to be among the lowest of the so - called "developed" nations.....

Why be one then?
Being repetitive is tedious and is not easy for me either. Get this - some people actually don't realise we are still paying the EU and are still enjoying the benefits of EU membership.

Boring but weird as well.(y)

[QUOTE="noseall, post: 4679074, member: 28558"We are still enjoying all the benefits of EU membership. [/QUOTE]
Including paying £1bn per month to run a £90bn trade deficit with them - that sort of benefit?

Including paying £1bn per month to run a £90bn trade deficit with them - that sort of benefit?
Far less than £1bn a month, but then why drop the lying habit...

But how is stopping our payments and losing unfettered access to the largest trading bloc in the world going to benefit the UK?

Not a single brexiteer has ever answered that...

Nor has any brexiteer told us of any actual benefit of being outside the EU!

Inneos is making a business decision it has nothing to do with whether we leave the EU or not.
Really?
Inneos probably wanted to leave the EU for his chemistry business to be less regulated more than anything.
If Ineos want sell their chemicals in Europe they'll have to meet EU standards...

Which is probably why recently...

"Ineos has chosen Belgium as the site for Europe’s largest chemical plant investment in 20 years just months after a number of its top executives left the UK.
The chemicals giant, owned by billionaire industrialist Sir Jim Ratcliffe, will make its largest ever investment of €3bn (£2.7bn) to build a gas-fuelled chemical plant in Antwerp"

"The UK’s wealthiest man, and an ardent Brexiteer, unveiled the “game changer for the Belgium economy”. Sir Jim and two other senior executives decided to quit Britain in favour of Monaco in a move to save £4bn in UK taxes weeks after Sir Jim was knighted."

You truly believe in what the unicorns told you don't you!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back