Could Brexit create new manufacturing.

Sponsored Links
From the point of the EU manufacturers supplying the likes Of Worcester, Nissan and other British manufacturing; they could loose this chain to supply forever, so they will put pressure on their governments to keep the ports moving.
They can put all the pressure they like on, it won't magically remove all the paperwork and customs checks that will be happening on both sides.

Transportation runs on fine margins, small increases in time taken at ports, or small increases in volumes, translates to big delays. The current port infrastructure is the result of 50 years plus of gradual fine tuning.

Now we're going to drop that finely tuned piano out a window. There's a chance it'll play fine when you get to the ground floor but I'm guessing it'll need a bit of remedial attention.

Sponsored Links
If we're unable to compete with Europe, why the desperate need for a level playing field.
Because if we can't compete on a level playing field they're worried we'll try to get an unfair edge. Which is exactly what has been suggested by Boris and some of the more Victorian era Brexiters.

Yes, China will benefit and the UK will become more reliant upon cheap imports from there.

No.... Worcester & Co will demand that the parts in their boilers are the same or a better quality. Its not in their interest to deal with cheap manufacturing

Because if we can't compete on a level playing field they're worried we'll try to get an unfair edge. Which is exactly what has been suggested by Boris and some of the more Victorian era Brexiters.
I believe the technical term is that the Brexitanic UK is about to set sail on a 'race to the bottom'!

Worcester & Co
Sorry my bad. I thought the thread question was 'could brexit create new manufacturing'. I didn't realise you only wanted to talk about Worcester boilers.

I'm sure there is a country somewhere prepared to make quality boiler parts cheaply and increase their manu' output as a result.

Sorry my bad. I thought the thread question was 'could brexit create new manufacturing'. I didn't realise you only wanted to talk about Worcester boilers.

We can talk about Ideal or Baxi boilers if you want.

Isn't that what competition is all about. If the EU are so concerned about level playing fields, why not increase the value of the Euro by 20% to where it should be.

Sponsored Links
Back