Could somebody advise on this lighting circuit please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 10 spotlights in a bathroom. When removed, all are connected to choc block connectors, 3 strips per block. Of the 10 cb connectors, two have only one twin and earth cable connected, so presumably are at the end of a pareallel circuit. 7 of the connectors have two twin and earths connected, so presumably are intermediate steps in a parallel circuit. One of the connectors has 3 twin and earths connected. Would I be right in assuming that one t&e will be from the Consumer unit, one is to the switch (single pole, extenal to the bathroom) and the other then goes off to the rest of the lights? Still trying to get my head round it...thanks

Sponsored Links
Can only really tell with pictures as there are 1001 ways of wiring up lighting... ;)

One of the connectors has 3 twin and earths connected. Would I be right in assuming that one t&e will be from the Consumer unit, one is to the switch (single pole, extenal to the bathroom) and the other then goes off to the rest of the lights? Still trying to get my head round it...thanks
And that else is connected to this 3 block of strip connector? Your spotlight?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back