Could there be a vote of confidence on Wednesday ? 15% threshold reached now

My view is I couldn’t care less. I've said all along, he's done what I and the majority of voters told the government what we wanted to do regarding the EU and he can **** off for all I care.
So he's wrecked the UK and you couldn't care less...

At least you are consistent!

The Ukrainian angle is just me wondering whether you actually did what you said you were going to do (take in some Ukranian refugees) or whether it was just another of you bullshîte statements like the ones where you said you were leaving the country for good and deleing your account on this forum.
Not that I should have to justify myself to a rather pathetic forum troll, but we are still going through the process...

So what are you doing to alleviate the suffering of Ukrainians?

Or are they also on your 'do not care' list?

Sponsored Links
Question..
Who's a better man or woman to have in power.
A very bad liar or
A very good liar?

Not that I should have to justify myself to a rather pathetic forum troll, but we are still going through the process...So what are you doing to alleviate the suffering of Ukrainians?

I made a decent one-off cash donation. Same as I did with the Beirut port explosion, the Yemen famine, Bowel Babe, Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole's family, Chris Waller, Jonny Kennedy and Captain Tom Moore to name but a few along with regular monthly standing orders to Cancer UK and St Francis's Hospice. Apart from that, not a lot.

Good news that you’re 'still in the process' of taking a Ukranian refugee. I'll check back with you on that on a regular basis. With luck, you may get them before the war ends like many others have already. What exactly is the hold-up in your 'process'?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What exactly is the hold-up in your 'process'?
UK bureaucracy not having enough people for a recognised 'site visit'.

Probably because the system has been outsourced/privatised!

Strange how most EU/EEA countries don't have the same hold ups :rolleyes:

So the vote is tonight with proxy votes if MP's not present. Sounds a bit ASAP.. If he wins he can't face another for 12 months.

Puts it all well into the past if he does win but I wonder if more will come out.

So the vote is tonight with proxy votes if MP's not present. Sounds a bit ASAP.. If he wins he can't face another for 12 months.

Puts it all well into the past if he does win but I wonder if more will come out.
The word is that they wanted it as fast as possible to avoid any of the potential challengers having enough time to stump up support. Boris got to agree the timing with Brady

The confidence vote isn't about if Boris was wrong to throw parties. It's if the Tory party thinks they're better off with someone else. Right now they're being asked if they'd be better off with anyone else.

Johnson will probably survive ??
For now

The Tory party will show him the same loyalty as the Labour Party showed Corbyn :ROFLMAO:

Politicians (lol)

If he goes then he only has himself to blame for being a shït liar and a bad judge of character.

If he does go remember all you Labour voters , I voted Conservative and not for Boris Johnson. Si don't ask for another election

If he wins he can't face another for 12 months.
Not so...

The tory 'grandees' can change their 'rules' at any point...

Such is the so called 'democracy' that many people erroneously believe exists in the UK!

I agree

but a marginal win will leave a permanently weakened prime minister and party

a win for Johnson will be good for Labour

if Johnson loses it will be the end of the brexit propaganda and the beginning of the country turning away from brexit
I emailed my MP this morning to ask him to vote against Boris remaining in post.

But i do not think that Boris leaving will change the country's view with regard to Brexit.

I hope he looses but I wouldn't put any money on it - sadly I think he will win (over 200)

I get the fact when you're a leader the buck often starts and ends with you. Ultimately, as leader, you're held accountable when things go wrong and can take the praise when things go right.

However, when we hear lines trotted out like 'Boris delivered a world beating covid response' ... 'Boris delivered brexit' etc, putting our personal views on the success of these aside, to what extent did he actually 'deliver' them? Surely he's surrounded by advisers much like any large organisation (cabinet = board) then when it comes to delivering at the coal face, it's up to (in the case of covid response) NHS managers and front line workers (front line NHS workers = shop floor/production line.)

As I say, I get the buck stops with him as PM, however it doesn't rest easy with me with I hear 'they delivered this, they delivered that' when it comes to leaders. It takes a collaborative effort from top to bottom.

Whenever I hear Nadine Dorries speaking, I can't get the word incompetent out of my mind. Never have I heard someone talk so much inane blah blah blah ...

UK bureaucracy not having enough people for a recognised 'site visit'.

Probably because the system has been outsourced/privatised!

Strange how most EU/EEA countries don't have the same hold ups :rolleyes:
Says here that the site visit carried is carried out by your local council.

What checks need to be done?​

HM Government has published Guidance for councils which provides more information on safeguarding checks.

• In addition to checks prior to visas being issued, all households receiving guests from Ukraine will receive checks by your local council on the property and household. All households will be visited to ensure the accommodation is fit for purpose and suitable to receive guests.
  • If the accommodation is self-contained or only adults without specific vulnerabilities (see below) are coming into the property then basic DBS checks are undertaken on all adult members in the sponsor household.
  • If children under the age of 18 are going to be accommodated in the household, then an Enhanced DBS check (including a check of the children’s barred list) will be undertaken on all people in the sponsor’s household over 16.
  • Councils will follow existing guidance for regulated activity with vulnerable adults. Where the local authority officials know that there is an adult guest arriving in the household, who is vulnerable (due to illness, disability or age) and has particular needs for which the sponsor is to provide support, a request for an enhanced DBS check with check of the adults’ barred list can be made.
How long have you been waiting?

Sponsored Links
Back