council tax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
received this years council tax bill today.. up 4.6 percent from £ 124 TO £ 130 ( monthly) band D can anyone beat that :?:

Sponsored Links
yours went up!!!!

mine went down :D :D :D ..... seriously

does this mean i've been overpaying all these years!!!

BOB NUTS said:
yours went up!!!!

mine went down :D :D :D ..... seriously

does this mean i've been overpaying all these years!!!

Bob book a holiday i can see a hefty refund coming your way :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
'E' £120 pm in 2002 £156 now 2006.
4.99% this year ! Oh goody, just inside the Govn cap of 5% :(

6.77% increase compunded over 4 yrs !! Plus fuel etc.

That blessed Jock GB keeps talking about 2% inflation ...

:cry: :cry:

Cheltonian, mine (from chelt borough council) went up 3.6% ! (£45.16 increase on a band D property)
thats given away where I live...oops :D
perhaps I should change name to cheltonian2 ? but that would be wrong as I'm an incomer from Somerset and not a true cheltonian at all, tho two of my children are, the other one was born in Gloucester ha ha ;)

empip said:
'E' £120 pm in 2002 £156 now 2006.
:cry: :cry:
£176.00 Band E here........because it`s being syphoned off up North :cry: Bins empty every 2 weeks....copshop closed..large rural area....wages in towns are crap.....Grim oop North..yeah Right :rolleyes:

Band D (Oxford) £136 pm, however, if my house was 20 metres along it would still be band D but cost £142 pm - parish council boundary!

Band D £125 pm now. Up by 4.7%. Makes me laugh that they are raising it yet charging us for removing garden waste now and also cutting local amenities and facilities :rolleyes: .

Says it all - charge ya more, give ya less :rolleyes:

£158 for a Band E in Selby.....

(Pales into insignificance though, compared to the 778 litres of LPG I seem to have used between 28th January and now, if my spreadsheets are to be believed)

That's interesting. Because of the way the bandings were applied nationally, I always believed that there were practically no Band E and above houses in the North until I got my bill through. For the same reason, I wouldn't have thought there were any Band A's in Essex until you posted that.......

My brother lives in Wales, recently the local authorities have been re-banding on new valuations. As a result his property has now been 'promoted' to the next band and the charge has risen. This seems illogical to me as he uses no more resource than he did previously.

How can a charge for local amenities be based on the value of a property rather than the actual demand by the occupant(s) on the local facilities?

Sponsored Links
Back