This year's new council tax rate

Sponsored Links
s300_960x640px_-_Top_5_priorities.jpg

Sponsored Links
Improved services, roads, healthcare?
Is it though, you said there wasn't much detail.

I'm not paying 5p on income tax for an extra nurse in a hospital nowhere near me. The detail is required.

I'm not paying 5p on income tax for an extra nurse in a hospital nowhere near me. The detail is required.

You'd better move to a much smaller country, with only one town and only one hospital.

The NHS is not for you.

Is it though, you said there wasn't much detail.

Thats rather selfish to say the very least.

1% on NI would bring in about £6 billion .......... and most people wouldn't notice extra payment either

I do think that NI should be paid, at a lower rate, by pensioners - obviously OVER a sensible income threshold and before anybody jumps in with any wise cracks - I'm due to be economically inactive this summer so this would cost me.

It was to make my point. There's no point saying "would you pay more for a better service", without ant detail. How much more, and how? What services would be improved and to what extent? How would we know? Are the improvements measurable? What if services don't improve as expected.

I'm not against paying more per say but politicians don't always deliver. Remember the side of the red bus...

It was to make my point. There's no point saying "would you pay more for a better service", without ant detail. How much more, and how? What services would be improved and to what extent? How would we know? Are the improvements measurable? What if services don't improve as expected.

I'm not against paying more per say but politicians don't always deliver. Remember the side of the red bus...

To be honest I'm more worried about what they do and never mentioned it before the election.

Gordon Brown changing the tax rules for private pensions springs to mind .......

At the end of the day only for about the last 10 - 12 years have WE had the benefit of social media to raise our voices of objection - not that they actually listen or react to them.

I'd rather that manifestos were short, to the point and "measureable" by us. As it stands we get very vague pledges or promises.

The last major reaction the voters got was when the Poll tax was removed and replaced with Council tax - that said I do think that a poll tax would be fairer - but it would take an extremely brave politician to do this.

And before the smart comments begin, it would cost us more as there are 4 workers in our house............

Compounded over 17 years. Every little helps

But trivial compared even to the price fluctuations, and smaller than the charges made, and the gains pocketed by the life offices.

Do you know what "orphan assets" are?

1% on NI would bring in about £6 billion .......... and most people wouldn't notice extra payment either

I do think that NI should be paid, at a lower rate, by pensioners - obviously OVER a sensible income threshold and before anybody jumps in with any wise cracks - I'm due to be economically inactive this summer so this would cost me.
Hmm maybe, but....

The chancellor is considering a cut in National Insurance, rather than income tax in the Budget, the BBC understands.
Jeremy Hunt is expected to make final decisions on his 6 March Budget plans at the end of this week.
A leading think tank has warned the government should not cut taxes in the upcoming Budget, unless it can spell out how it will afford them.

That hunt is my MP afaik

Keep getting flyers from him through the letter box

Sponsored Links
Back