This year's new council tax rate

Do you actually live in this country? Surely if you did then you would know that most of the problems that councils are facing, apart from the want of all politicians to line their pockets, is that the scammers that call themselves a government withdrew funding from local councils and told them to make their own money.
Oh I know that. It was a question aimed at those that didn't.

They need to recognise that it's not just a one off, local to any council, of any political denomination, its nationwide.

It's severe

Sponsored Links
Thats rather selfish to say the very least.

1% on NI would bring in about £6 billion .......... and most people wouldn't notice extra payment either

I do think that NI should be paid, at a lower rate, by pensioners - obviously OVER a sensible income threshold and before anybody jumps in with any wise cracks - I'm due to be economically inactive this summer so this would cost me.
And we have a government that's just given us a reduction in ni.

Keeping it and not increasing or decreasing it would have been better for all

You are asking the wrong question. We already pay much more tax.

The question is where the fork is it going?

Let’s look where we are:

Taxes are the highest they’ve been for 70 years
Public services are the worst they’ve ever been
The rich are far richer now than they used to be
The middle and bottom are poorer than they used to be.

So taxes are higher and the wealthy are more wealthy…..could that be a clue?

Look at the uk demographics

Far more elderly people being paid pensions and far more people being treated by the NHS.

You need to accept this IS the new norm and both Labour and Conservatives are both talking about cuts

Back to my question

How much more are you willing to pay?

And somebody with your cash savings is considered rich btw

Far more elderly people being paid pensions and far more people being treated by the NHS.

Interesting you should mention that.

The growing demographic with the most demands on public services

And also the most property wealth, the most pension wealth, the most savings and the most investments.

I wonder what we should be taxing?

Sponsored Links
Actual amount for next year not yet released in my area yet [Reigate and Banstead ]but can find next years amount on "pay amount to council tax" as outstanding amount then next years as an amount you can pay now including marches payment actual rise seems to be about 4.6%??

does this work in your area ??
in case your interested, just got the actual bill its 4.7%

That's lucky, because Tory Austerity saw them shredded.

Lots of Cons are older people who have no interest in schools, universities, apprenticeships, decent jobs, affordable housing, sports facilities or anything else that benefits people younger than themselves.
You think these older people would want a decent NHS and Adult Social Care, though?

And possibly a solid police force, too.

Edit:
Sorry, I've done my usual "let's post something without reading the whole thread" trick....

Interesting you should mention that.

The growing demographic with the most demands on public services

And also the most property wealth, the most pension wealth, the most savings and the most investments.

I wonder what we should be taxing?

Ducked my question AGAIN

how much extra tax you are willing to pay? You post so much about poor services yet you don’t seem to want to contribute more to achieve this

Ducked my question AGAIN

how much extra tax you are willing to pay? You post so much about poor services yet you don’t seem to want to contribute more to achieve this
Standard M.O. for JohnD and Notchy these days. They like asking 'em but not answering 'em. I think they both have a special 'question ignore' button.

how much extra tax you are willing to pay?

I am willing to pay the same percentage as everybody else in my band, of course.

Obviously I am not willing to pay a higher percentage than people with far higher incomes and assets that are given special handouts and subsidies designed to benefit the rich and powerful. When I pay a property tax, such as Council Tax, I think it is fair that I pay twice as much as somebody whose property is worth half as much as mine, and of course I should pay half as much as somebody whose property is worth twice as much, and so on. Don't you think that would be fair, and a big improvement on the current regime?

I will be pleased if we ordinary people need to pay a bit less due to no longer giving billionaires and multinationals a free ride.

I will be pleased if a business operating in my country and making profits of a billion pays the same amount of tax regardless of whether it is registered in Croydon or in Road Town. Do you think that is wrong?

And/or if we end up with a better nation due to no longer sending our wealth off to tax havens.

And if we live in a world where, for the rich, paying tax is no longer optional. Do you think that is wrong?

You need to accept this IS the new norm and both Labour and Conservatives are both talking about cuts

Back to my question

How much more are you willing to pay?

And somebody with your cash savings is considered rich btw
I will answer your question when you tell me why taxes are now at an 80 years high but public services are virtually destroyed

You haven’t explained how come the rich have become wealthier than ever, their wealth a huge amount during the decade of Conservative austerity.

Back to my question: why do we need to pay more, when taxes are an 80 year high? (and no, more pensions being paid out and more people being treated by NHS doesn’t explain it)

Sponsored Links
Back