course costs-nvq level 2?

sr72 said:
howdy folks,
thing that pi88ssed me most is that they want the £500 for the nvq2......if we dont pay this we cant do level 3(cit+gild).thats the reason why i enrolled on cit+gild in the first place so i could do it part time and fit my job in as well.

Sorry to hijack your thread SR but I am a bit confused on this. If it is the NVQ Level 3 that you are ultimately trying acquire can you tell me what work this allows you to do over and above that of an NVQ Level 2, please?

Sponsored Links
level 3 is the start of the serious work that get the right qualifications, also includes ccn1 for gas

I believe nvq 3 in plumbing is pretty much the same course as nvq2 in gas service and maintenance.

Sponsored Links
the way i understand it is....

nvq2 is ur qualified plumber ticket"....but this is after u have worked out and about and ur work portfolio has been signed off (witness staement) by a qualified plumber.
this can be done on a 1 day a week basis or whatever...aslong as u cover the required bits in the nvq booklet.

Nvq3 is similar circs but its all gas related.

To help with your costs you could always try ringing the your local learning Skills Council, although differnet LSCs have different policies on funding you may be lucky. In particular quote the employer training pilot as the funding mechanism.

having said all that if you are wanting your gas ticket you need to be working alongside a competant (registered installer) and I would recommend the gas installation and servicing NVQ as this is more geared to gas technology.

thnks for ur time folks.im in 2 minds at the mo.need to get that nvq2.

ps any body looking for a plumbers dogs body:cool: :cool: ;)

PM me if u want.will work anyhour any day 365 :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back