Court fees - why?

you're quite happy to ignore the roadsigns saying lane closed until the last second, but I bet that you start to speed up from 30 just as soon as you see a national speed limit sign on the horizon..
Interview a flop then? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
just to clarify my point.. I'm not refering to 3 lanes of traffic backed up for 2 miles and crawling along.. under those circumstances merging in turn is acceptable.. it's when it's fairly fast moving at say 30-40 mph and the git goes speeding down the empty "fast lane" ( empty because everyone else has merged well ahead of time ) only to try and push in at the last second rather than slow from 50 to 40 and join the other lanes in plenty of time..

Sponsored Links
just to clarify my point.. I'm not refering to 3 lanes of traffic backed up for 2 miles and crawling along.. under those circumstances merging in turn is acceptable.. it's when it's fairly fast moving at say 30-40 mph and the git goes speeding down the empty "fast lane" ( empty because everyone else has merged well ahead of time ) only to try and push in at the last second rather than slow from 50 to 40 and join the other lanes in plenty of time..

I once went down the empty lane hoping to push in towards the front of the queue, imagine my delight when I got to the front only to find there wasn't actually any traffic merging taking place, just a massive tailback because someone hadn't bothered to change the signs, lol. :LOL:

I always find it hilarious that some people get right to the cones and then get radgy at people who don't let them in! The annoying thing is, someone will always let them in because they just aren't bothered, but it's good to see them wait. :LOL:

Col, I have to say I appreciate the irony that someone from the West Midlands believes motorways ever move as fast as 30-40mph, I thought the motorways round Brum were permanent tailbacks ;)

So, can anyone shed any light on the Highway Code stating that cones indicate a reduced speed limit regardless of posted speed limit signs?

At what cone-spacing does this come into force? 10-feet? 100 yards? An isolated cone on the hard-shoulder?

Just as streetlighting indicates a 30mph limit in the absence of a posted limit, what speed limit is applicable when cones are present, and does this limit over-ride any posted limits or do posted limits have precedence?

I'm being a tad facetious, but I'd gladly be proven wrong if it expands my knowledge.

Back