Covid-19 discussion

Sponsored Links
People who knock Americans have usually never travelled there
Nonsense. We live in a global world with access to information like never before. You need not travel to the USA or anywhere else for that matter (apart from N Korea etc) to get first hand what people are up to in their day to day lives. The information is constant, tedious but consistent.

I have travelled to the USA. Their cars are crap and the people are gullible and naive, but I did not need to travel there to find out boyo.(y)

I thank God, Jesus and my size 10's every day, that I live in the UK.:)

Like so much of the world, a wonderful place to live, if you're wealthy enough.

America: it calls itself the land of the free, but manages to lock up more people than any other country on earth.

America: where the biggest cause of bankruptcy is due to healthcare.

Sponsored Links
Austria is going to lift some restrictions in 3 weeks

Further relaxation of restrictions will follow
Ike rhe Brits Austrians lead the way :cool:

Nonsense. We live in a global world with access to information like never before. You need not travel to the USA or anywhere else for that matter (apart from N Korea etc) to get first hand what people are up to in their day to day lives. The information is constant, tedious but consistent.

I have travelled to the USA. Their cars are crap and the people are gullible and naive, but I did not need to travel there to find out boyo.(y)

Ball cocks noseall

And god bless John Z Delorian :LOL:

Americans

Coronavirus: Pastor who decried 'hysteria' dies after attending Mardi Gras

Pastor Spradlin was one of those who became ill, but tested negative for Covid-19. Even as he was sick, he posted on social media about "hysteria" surrounding the virus.

On the 13th of March Pastor Spradlin shared on Facebook a misleading post comparing swine flu and coronavirus deaths.

It suggested that Barack Obama and Donald Trump respectively had been treated very differently by the media and that it was a politically motivated ploy to harm President Trump.

Earlier the very same day, the president himself had insinuated something very similar at a news conference.

Americans

"Coronavirus: Trump to defy 'voluntary' advice for Americans to wear masks

US President Donald Trump has said he will not wear a face mask despite new medical guidance advising Americans to do so.

He could not see himself greeting "presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens" in the Oval Office while wearing one, he said.

He stressed that the guidance released on Friday was "voluntary".

"You do not have to do it," he said. "I don't think I'm going to be doing it."

The USA has a population density of 94 per sq mile. England has 1000 per sq mile.
You see everyone clamouring to get into the usa. You never see many clamouring to get out.
They have vast open spaces, large forested areas and large scale AONB in every state.
A great place to be. Especially with Mr Trump at the helm.
Of course you realise what the U and S stand for.

Do you think it a good idea that 50 states should club together for the greater good so that the inhabitants can travel freely to all the wonderful attractions?

That is - if they can afford it.

A poor person in, say, Baltimore has probably never been to any of those places.

Can get an idea but nothing really beats experience first hand. Sure, there are stereotypes but as in all places, it's not every person you meet. I mean, it's like tasting a proper American burger or deep fried chicken from the deep south is very different to reading about it, the same applies to the people imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Coronavirus: Trump to defy 'voluntary' advice for Americans to wear masks

US President Donald Trump has said he will not wear a face mask despite new medical guidance advising Americans to do so.

He could not see himself greeting "presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens" in the Oval Office while wearing one, he said.

He stressed that the guidance released on Friday was "voluntary".

"You do not have to do it," he said. "I don't think I'm going to be doing it."

You wearing a mask then??

Typical politics - probably said it to make people who can't get their hands on one feel better. Also probably worrying about shortages - much like here.

Through work I know of a number of Americans that don't think it's a wonderful place at all - just is for some but they are more aware of what goes on all over it. They are also all bought up to be AMERICAN.

Blimey dunno why the Americans bother with security at there Mexican border

Look at the money they could save

No one wants to cross it :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back