Covid-19 discussion

Sponsored Links
Absolutely and how many boxes do we tick in that lot. Fck all. How many did it take originally to get us past a 1000 deaths a day.
Easing lockdown when we already have an infinite amount of live cases still moving around ready to reinfect will cause a spike way beyond what we have witnessed already until we reach herd immunity.

I agree we have treated this as just a minor cold sympton, China is used to a harsh regime Total lockdown, no one in the streets other to buy food , everyone to wear face masks if they went out at all times, China was aware there could be a second wave , so their regime remained severe . This helped them crack the virus .

Legal parasites licking their lips already.

And i don't see the dust settling anytime this year to anyone thinking lockdown is ending soon.

Hit the nail on the head.

Unfortunately this will be the case. As much as the criticism is warranted that the NHS and Health Department were ill prepared the thought that some of the beneficiaries will be litigators.

I suspect the dept of Health will drag their heals which means more fees for the lawyers. Like many cases the payouts to the clients tend to be dwarfed by the fees charged by the lawyers or they charge on taking a third of the payouts.

Sponsored Links
It seems mobile phone tracking does make a difference as it allows testing to be targeted. Seems they use blue tooth which surprised me and it seems apple and google are working on it. Not an ideal choice really. I'm surprised they didn't use the usual location techniques - masts or gps. Mobile phones also to check on people who should be isolating and provide passports of various sorts. Nothing to do with politics as the countries that did this vary. It needs a lot of virus testing and other aspects one of which is the population complying - most will because they have experienced it before - not much chance of all seeing the need here so say it's all down to how things are in China. Nice excuse for all including politicians.

Our lot mentioned that they may review there attitude to the public wearing masks. No much of a may though. I think China's relaxation still includes these when entering buildings. So it looks like they reduce spread. For that we might need say 200milion of them.

An Italian doctor mentioned that he was a lot safer at work than outside. Today's news headlines is lack of PPE again. 19 NHS have died but no indication of where they worked or when. Both matter really especially due to what some converted wards looks like down to how hospitals are built. The gov have been reporting things far away from reality as they are sometimes inclined to do. Also rewritten usage instructions more than once. The impression I got from how things are now is that need for them in some places such as Newport is higher than anticipated and there are lots of concerns about what the "hit rate" will be in coming weeks. Biggest problem really is lack of honesty from politicians. Too many years of being able to say what they like especially if it makes things look "better". So we are left with wondering if usage instructions are effective or have been designed to suite use and just what is a critical area.

I'd say that the main criticism of the UK should be too little to late and availability. All government related.

It seems mobile phone tracking does make a difference as it allows testing to be targeted. Seems they use blue tooth which surprised me and it seems apple and google are working on it.

Indeed I've shocked a few people in the past showing them my house tells me who's at the gate before they're on the driveway just by a sig on their phone. And then jokingly remind them next time they're having a secret rendezvous in that carpark google n apple are watching you too, beware folks.

Indeed I've shocked a few people in the past showing them my house tells me who's at the gate before they're on the driveway just by a sig on their phone. And then jokingly remind them next time they're having a secret rendezvous in that carpark google n apple are watching you too, beware folks.
How does that work ?

-----

Pretty is doing the press conference the day - could be worth watching.

Our lot mentioned that they may review there attitude to the public wearing masks.

Only when ample supplies are available.

The reason they've been telling us not to bother isn't because they don't help. It's because there aren't enough to go round. Hancock tried to blame NHS workers for being profligate in using PPE. Because there isn't even enough for the hospitals and care homes.

They don't want us kicking up a fuss and demanding protection that isn't available.

I did mention 200 million. It wouldn't be an unreasonable number. It wont need to be the high spec ones though.

between 60 million people, changing (let's say) four times a day....

we'd run out by teatime.

Mixture of a bit of hardware and scripting that scan bluetooth and router/wifi network presence it's not 100% accurate.
so do phones give off a bluetooth signal with a sgnitutre? and once you can put a name on that signature you would know who it is ?
in a similar sort of way I know when my neighbours have thei routers on.

so do phones give off a bluetooth signal with a sgnitutre? and once you can put a name on that signature you would know who it is ?
in a similar sort of way I know when my neighbours have thei routers on.
google presence detection bluetooth/wifi. I have a bit of custom hardware but available with other devices and some simple scripts. Pop over to home automation here and a few people can help im sure as ive seen it discussed there.

I think the bluetooth must work on range and pass phone numbers or some id. I've seen comments that the Koreans keep the info for 21 days. Having the phone number means a text can be sent to the phone(s). It's delayed though because no one knows who is infected before they have been tested. But given results and also maybe the use of thermal scanning it helps. Rather a lot by the look of it other than "population compliance" with the rules and how well people are treated in respect to deaths. Singapore seem to have done the same thing. They did an enormous amount of testing related to their population size.

Don't know about China. Maybe they used mast location or gps.

Here a few mass media posts have some screaming at the police without being aware of the circumstances. Interestingly no reporter asked about any of those in today's brief. Home secretary was also asked to say sorry to NHS workers so sounds like we will get more of that sort of thing from a few.

Why arent they including elderly care homes in the daily stats for covid19? I'm guessing its ripping through some of these

Sponsored Links
Back