Cowboy builders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I noticed that Breezer thought I had given up as I had not posted for a while. Well the situation is that I ran out of money, had an operation on my shoulder and could not get any reliable tradesmen. I therefore was doing most of the work myself with the help of a spark and joiner.

I then noticed a TV company were doing a programme on Cowboys and contacted them. They filmed the work, gave me some advice and did some work for me. I am now in a position to obtain a completion certificate.

I noticed that someone had asked for a forum where builders could be checked. This is a good idea but I think now I would only use someone who was personally recommended by a family member. As for cowboys recently, one in Kent got eight years for defrauding people of over £800 000. His mates were also given jail terms. This is the only way of dealing with these people. (Unless you know a hitman)

Sponsored Links
I ran out of money, had an operation on my shoulder and could not get any reliable tradesmen. I therefore was doing most of the work myself with the help of a spark and joiner.
Sorry to hear of your woes - hopefully life in on the up again.

I noticed that someone had asked for a forum where builders could be checked. This is a good idea but I think now I would only use someone who was personally recommended by a family member.
Hallelujah!

As for cowboys recently, one in Kent got eight years for defrauding people of over £800 000. His mates were also given jail terms. This is the only way of dealing with these people. (Unless you know a hitman)
I don't quite agree. Fines and jail are ways of treating the symptom, not the disease. The only way that cowboys will be eradicated is if people don't give them any work. Simple innit! :D

cowboys only answer to
apache.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back