Crack in Showerhead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really sure if this is in the right place!!!

I have a plastic showerhead that has been dropped and has a crack in it where water spouts out. I was wondering whether slathering super glue over the crack would prevent any further leaking? has anyone had this experience before??

Sponsored Links
Superglue probably isn't the best adhesive for this, so its best to buy one thats suitable for polyethylene.
You'll likely find a suitable replacement in the likes of B&Q though.
John :)

Thanks for the responses. I would buy a new one but i live in a rental flat and the shower head appears to be an expensive that was noted on the inventory...

Sponsored Links
Buy a new one for now so that you can use it, then try and 'glue' the old one and change them over when you move out.

If you can posts pictures of the broken one then we maybe able to help you a bit more.

Is there a shower rail? as normally there is a loop that holds the shower hose to stop it from being left in the bath.

Andy

i will post a pic tomorrow. I actual had that in mind and bought a new one the other day, but get this. When i put the new showerhead onto the existing hose, it made the water temperature fluctuate - a problem never experienced with the old showerhead! Have you ever heard such a weird thing???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back