Creda Storage heater not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 1 storage heater not working. I have taken the cover off but can't find any burnt or melted wires or plastic. The thermostat doesn't click at all so i'm wondering if thats the problem. I've read other threads on the forum to get an idea of what might be wrong and what I'm looking at as a starter. I have checked my other storage heaters and the thermostats click on all of them. Looking at it (on the top of the heater, it doesn't look too difficult to replace.

Any thoughts

Sponsored Links
Turn the power of to the heater and have a look at the thermostat contacts. They may be welded together, it does happen.
You are right, the stat should click. You can get spares from a number of on line places (Google "Creda Storage radiator spares"). Easy to replace.

If the contacts have welded together there is a good chance that the overheat thermostat has tripped. For Dimplex heaters at least the control thermostat and overheat thermostat often come as a kit, and both should be replaced.

Do you have a multimeter? If you do it will be straightforward to test each of the parts with the power off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back