Crimped joints in T&E

Status
Not open for further replies.
... it was disingenuous of you, to say the least, to answer "yes" to the question of whether you what you were told, was, for shoreside use, no crimping of solid conductors and LS0H cables to be used.
Except that I did not. Once again you are imposing your own interpretation.
What I did say was that my training included fire (and other) properties of cables. What I did not say was that "we were told that you don't crimp solid cores and always use LS0F". You asked :
Were you also told things like LS0H cables?
You did NOT ask "were you also told to only use LS0F cables shoreside ?" which seems to be the question you assume I was answering. Had you asked that, then I would agree that it would be a ridiculous restriction - but you didn't, I answered the (quite vague) question you actually asked, but for some reason you are "upset" that the answer you got wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Sponsored Links
And you have the gall to criticise me for 'quoting bits and using them to "prove" that a different question was wrongly answered'.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and proceed on the basis that you didn't see all of my post, not that you decided to omit it when you quoted it, so here it is again, with the words you didn't see made larger and brighter so that this time you will:

GIVEN THE CONTEXT OF THE DISCUSSION, it was disingenuous of you, to say the least, to answer "yes" to the question of whether you what you were told, was, for shoreside use, no crimping of solid conductors and LS0H cables to be used.​

As for the rest of your wriggling, I will just repeat the factor which you seem to think that you can ignore: GIVEN THE CONTEXT OF THE DISCUSSION.

So, when you said 'when I was told "no crimping of solid cores", that was for shoreside use' and I asked "were you also told things like LS0H cables?", then
GIVEN THE CONTEXT OF THE DISCUSSION it's blindingly obvious to anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size than I meant was were you told things like "use LS0H cables", and not "were you told about LS0H cables" in the same way you might be told about where the canteen was, or told about where to assemble if the fire alarm went off.

It is also blindingly obvious that you have decided that despite THE CONTEXT OF THE DISCUSSION, "were you also told things like LS0H cables?" meant "were you also told about things like LS0H cables?" and not "were you also told about things like use LS0H cables?".

It is also blindingly obvious that you have not produced a scrap of evidence to show that the people who told you "no crimping of solid cores" were not doing so wrt environments which cannot be equivalenced to domestic dwellings.

So BAS proves he's lost the argument then.
In the context in which I made my comments, your assumptions are invalid. SHOUTING your invalid position (and insults) in ever increasing volume doesn't make it any less invalid - it just warns everyone to take everything you say with a huge pinch of salt.

I didn't shout - as I explained, I made the words larger in case it was that you had missed them, not that you had decided to pretend they weren't there as part of your wriggling.

Sponsored Links
Oh, I get it perfectly.

I get that after a series of posts about what the MOD tells people to do, or not to do:

I worked to MOD specs and crimping of solids was forbidden
Ditto. As an apprentice we were taught that crimping of solid cores was not allowed - also working to MoD standards.
when I was told "no crimping of solid cores", that was for shoreside use.

you decided that when I asked "were you also told things like LS0H cables?" I must have meant "were you also told about things like LS0H cables", a question of as much relevance to what you had been told to not use as would have been a question about anything you had been told about in your training.

I get that you decided that after a series of posts about what the MOD tells people to use, or not to use I could not possibly have meant "were you also told to use things like LS0H cables".

I also get that you have not even tried to show that the people who told you "no crimping of solid cores" were not doing so wrt environments which cannot be equivalenced to domestic dwellings.

I could, if I were a t**t like you, use large, red, bold lettering to highlight the bit you quoted above where it says "that was for shoreside use". And also the later bit (which you didn't quote) where I mentioned "commercial" standards (or some such, I CBA to go back and find it for you).
I'll allow for the fact that you probably have no idea whatsoever about MoD standards. But what I won't accept is you deliberately twisting things to "prove" that I said we were told to also use LS0H cables - since I said no such thing.
I also get that you have not even tried to show that the people who told you "no crimping of solid cores" were not doing so wrt environments which cannot be equivalenced to domestic dwellings.
Complete and utter b***ocks. Your refusal to read and comprehend what people write is not my problem. You essentially seem to be saying that because a "factory" (or workshop, or lab, or whatever) is involved in MoD work, that the wiring standards used in it cannot have any relevance to domestic standards. I'm sure the professional sparks here who work in both environments will be able to confirm that there's rather more the same than there is different for "hotel loads". In some respects, the domestic environment has tighter regs - eg "non combustible" CUs for domestic but not for commercial. They don't use different T&E for domestic and commercial !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back