Cruise Control Kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got done by a camera van coming home to Plymouth on the A303 from London....

I saw it at about 600 yds, think I was doing 80 odd at the time :mad:

So, assuming I get a ticket, I want to fit a cruise control kit to the van so I can just set it at 70 then go to sleep (thats how they work isnt it?).

Has anyone ever fitted an after market kit, is there one for the Citroen Dispatch mk2 and are they easy to fit?

Cheers ;)

Sponsored Links
could be wrong but i thought it was 60 for a van??
or is yours a car based van??

AFIAK its 70 on motorways, i always thought it was a grey area whether or not it was 60 or 70 on a dual carriageways for me, as I always see Dispatch people carriers / taxi cabs.

Suppose I'll find out if the ticket comes :rolleyes: Bracing for 6 or 9 points then... :oops:

There certainly are aftermarket cruise control kits, but for all I know I think they can only be fitted to cars that already have the electronics and software - maybe upper market models.
I've only had one done to a Golf, and it needed a new column stalk (obviously). VW were then able to activate it using the correct software.
I guess I'd have a word with Citroen about this.
John :)

Sponsored Links
dispatch will likely be a non CDV so it will be 60 mph on a dualler.

the after market kits can be quite good. a relative had one on her mx5, used it for 2-3 years with no issues.

Here you go:
Brick-Session.jpg

Cruise control for those cars not fitted as std.

Doubt you'll get a ticket at 80. I've got cruise control built in. Its called my brain.

Hilarious comments aside, I do 35k miles a year, making my exposure to this higher than tradesmen that just do local services.

Co-incidentally I genuinely don't think it's unsafe to travel at 80/90mph on an empty dual carriageway/motorway in a modern, well serviced vehicle.

I find it frustrating the camera vans are normally situated at the bottom of long stretches of downhill dual carriageways, catching the "unsafe" drivers that are pushing over 70mph, but let all the middle / outside lane hoggers / drink drivers / tail gaters / mobile phone users roll by without penalty.

Doubt you'll get a ticket at 80. I've got cruise control built in. Its called my brain.

Hilarious comments aside, I do 35k miles a year, making my exposure to this higher than tradesmen that just do local services.

Co-incidentally I genuinely don't think it's unsafe to travel at 80/90mph on an empty dual carriageway/motorway in a modern, well serviced vehicle.

I find it frustrating the camera vans are normally situated at the bottom of long stretches of downhill dual carriageways, catching the "unsafe" drivers that are pushing over 70mph, but let all the middle / outside lane hoggers / drink drivers / tail gaters / mobile phone users roll by without penalty.

whilst i would agree that higher speeds in modern vehicles will be safe a condition will be that the brain off the driver must be up to speed as in at 90mph must perform at 60% quicker than at 70 mph if not 75 will be his limit

I genuinely don't think it's unsafe to travel at 80/90mph on an empty dual carriageway/motorway in a modern, well serviced vehicle
Yet you failed to see a dirty great yellow box 10ft in the air by the side of the road! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back