cruise control

If the mobile is on the passenger seat, i.e. to hand, then I press the pick-up button and shout "I'm driving, I'll call you back in a minute!"

If it's not to hand, I use that amazing invention called "voice mail". If it's that important, they'll leave a message.

I saw a complete wazzock this morning. He was driving along wearing a fluorescent jerkin, window open, elbow hanging out of window, right arm pressing phone to ear. No signals, very erratic driving as he tried to make gearchanges. He must like getting stopped.

Sponsored Links
Has one fitted by Halfords this morning as they're doing a special deal(50% off), now £49.99.

When the phone ring, the caller come through your car speaker and cut the radio out at the same time. You don't have to touch the phone at all.

Wife has Halfords moby hands free kit .... shares the radio speakers etc ... has been very good IMS ! .... but then, you lot paid for it !! Woo Hoo ;) ;) ;)

P

Had one fitted this aftie. NOT impressed. No demonstration, box where lead plugs in was stuck with a pad that fell off literally 5 secs after I got in the car.

Worst thing was the radio did not work. Bloke said it was my responsibility and I would have to go to Skoda for the code. I said it was his responsibility as I had not been asked for the code prior to the job.

Anyway, I said, the leaflet in my glovebox says this car has no security code. Each radio is electronically "padlocked" to the ECU, and will only work in that car. It ended up that I rang the girl who sold me the car, who told me that it did indeed talk to the ECU, and disconnection should not phase it. Meanwhile, the Halfords bloke was on the phone to the service guy at the same dealer, who in turn was on the phone to the factory in the Czech Republic getting an emergency code....

Apparently, it is OK being disconnected for short periods, but if left for longer the unit requires a code from the factory....

I kicked up such a stink (because I was adamant that a code was not required) that Halfords did not pass on the 25 sovs + VAT that Skoda charged them to supply the code - and he gave me the number for the future!

So the poor begger only got 25 quid for his trouble.

While I was waiting for the car, another Halfords installer told me how at another branch, they had removed the radio from a new Laguna (with card start) and it had wiped the ECU memory. 2.5K (and a complete electronics replacement) later, the Renault was driving again.

Icing on the cake is that I had this kit fitted to replace a nokia unit which left behind the tip of the audio jack in my 3410. Now I need to get CPW to fix that - that could be 30 quid....

And all this happened on my birthday! Life is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unfair! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sorry it's late
images

securespark said:
Had one fitted this aftie. NOT impressed. No demonstration, box where lead plugs in was stuck with a pad that fell off literally 5 secs after I got in the car...... :LOL:

You should have popped down to Chippenham then, and got a 'proper job' doing on the moby HF !! Or waited 'til Sept and taken in the 'Eddie Cochran' memorial gig too !!
Chippenham2003_09.JPG

Remarkable how this memorial plaque, at the crash location on the A4 in Chippenham, has survived ...
Bizarre really, but there is, and was, a Hospital just 200 yards away !!
Still is no cure for the Summertime Blues

Bel Happy birfaday 2 U !
P

Thanks for bufdi greetings.

Went back to Halfords today as all I get on incoming/outgoing calls is feedback whistle.

Hopeless!

Oh, we're getting some specially adapted mics but have none in - come back next week and we'll fit one. In the meantime, put your hand on the mic while talking.

Why? It earths it, apparently...

So much for hands-free!!

Back