Holiday - I'm baaack!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just this hour got back from France. Had a cracking time. Great driving there. Long straight smooth roads that go on forever, speed limit 85mph (130) on m/ways, quiet roads where you can actually turn on cruise control.

Just been out to check the mileage. Left my house 2 weeks ago yesterday at 5am, and to now, I have done 1633.9 miles.

We set off this morning from a village just outside Vire, Normandie, at 7am, and arrived here in Doncaster at 6:30, altogether 11.5 hours, with a few rest stops.

I enjoyed it and would do it again, if only diesel was cheaper (its 1€30 a litre there in the supermarkets but thats not a huge difference really, probably a year behind us). :cry:

And my new car is still in one piece, she's coped beautifully at about 53mpg (even fully laden with luggage on the way home) :D Used approx 40-45 litres of diesel on the homeward journey - about 500 miles / 800km.

Now I've got to get used to counting in miles and driving on the left again!

Sponsored Links
Nice one, mate! Hope you enjoyed more than just the driving, though!!

Last time I drove in France, we took the Octavia down to Portsmouth, took the long ferry overnight & went to Brittany. 13-1400 miles round trip.

Diesel much cheaper then (was 2003). Local cider VERY good...

Fabulous Steve, glad you had a nice time!

While you were away I commented on your car post, and also had some bad news car-wise myself - see "Drive-off tw*ts".

Simon

Sponsored Links
Back