currys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
now took me ole mum into currys the other day,so she could buy a new flat screen tv.
after standing there for over 15 mins i had to ask someone for help/advice,to then be told hold on ill get someone.
guy comes over.mum says any chance of seeing it on?
er yeah ill have to get a memory stick as there not plugged in to Ariels any more.
so he finds 1 and then puts on the simpsons,er why the fook would a oap want to watch a fooking cartoon???er have you anything else on the stick SO WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE SOME REAL FOOTAGE.
anyways buy the a tv,then comes the GOOD BIT,er would you like to purchase extended warranty?
no thanks.
well you do realize that once you have left the store,the screen isnt covered.WOT THE FOOK.
so i said are you on drugs m8,and have you not heard of the sale of goods act etc etc,and no matter what you buy IT IS COVERED FOR A YEAR.
no,not the screens,by this time i then raise my voice a tad and say WOT PART OF NO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND,and i really think you need to check your sales technique and swot up on the rules of selling stuff because you clearly suk at it at the moment.
so be warned there now trying hard tatics to get you to part with your hard earned.

******S.

Sponsored Links
Currys staff are not the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree. They just about cope with fetching an item, an taking payment. By the way, a significant part of their profit comes from extended warranties.

A few years ago I went to buy a TV for my mother for Christmas. I went into Currys and found a sales assistant who showed me the options I had. I picked out a TV and was given a card and told to go to the till and pay, whilst he got the TV from the store room. Anyway I paid for the TV and waited for the TV.
After a few minutes the sale assistant came out and said 'Sorry sir , we don't have any of them TV's left'.
So I said 'Never mind just give me a refund and I will go elsewhere.'
This is when they pulled out an A4 peice of paper and asked me to fill it in.
'What's this for?
'Well Sir, as we are giving you a refund, we need all of your details'.
'I gave you the money approx. 2 minutes ago, you are having a laugh'
'No Sir, if you don't fill in the paper work, we can't refund your money'
'Are you having a ducking laugh?'
At this point a manager came over and said 'Just give him his money'

It goes to show what happens when you are in a packed shop and raise your voice.

Andy

andy im surprised they didnt give you a credit note:LOL:

yeah every time i go into screwfix and buy something i get asked for my details.

i refuse to give them,had a stand up row with an assistant who demanded them from me.
i politely said so if i dont give them then i cant have the goods?er no she said,so why the fook do you need them then.oh its incase you need a refund????????no it bloody aint,its so you can spam me through the post and on line.

Sponsored Links
A friend of mine went to Curry's/PC World to buy a new computer. Selected the one he wanted and told them "I don't want any extended warranties/ service package, etc I just want the PC." Sales assistant at the checkout asked about 4 or 5 times "Are you sure you don't want extended warranty, service package." to which he answered a strong "NO " every time. Eventually walked out, after telling the checkout assistant to "Stick the PC where the f****ng sun don't shine." Surely these checkout assistants need training that NO means NO.

I don't remember ever having bought anything from Curry's and the only time I'd ever set foot in one of their stores would be to look at a specific item before buying it elsewhere or, preferably, online.

Still, you've given me an evil idea. I think I might go to Curry's one day and show a feigned interest in something, let them mention the extended warranty and show a feigned interest in that too. I'd ask for all sorts of details and become increasingly 'more interested'... until I get bored and tell them that I'm not interested after all.
Am I nasty?
Do I care?

You sound like a friend of mine who used to let in Jehova's witnesses and try to persuade them of the folly of their ways until they got bored.

You sound like a friend of mine who used to let in Jehova's witnesses and try to persuade them of the folly of their ways until they got bored.
Tenacious b'stards them Jehovah's witnesses. I once made the mistake of letting them in and it took me 4 weeks to get them to leave. Twas only the threat of calling the SAS in that finally made them go. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Friend of mine invited them in once for a laugh to stop them knocking on his neighbours doors. Kept them talking for so long they ended up asking to leave.

Currys is okay, they have a very good return policy, so if the price is close to online, then I buy there. And they let you fondle products, to see what they are like. Like B&Q, prices for big items are oftem good, accessories such as memory cards are expensive.

Bought a big TV from them recently (same price as online) and it came with a 5 year warranty. Salesman then tried to sell me Curry's own 3 year extended warranty....

They've all got scripts to follow and are undoubtedly under pressure from their 12 year old managers. I suppose they get commission on the warranties to supplement their poverty wages.

Screwfix also annoys me when they always try to sell you something else with your order. Not long ago I bough several 13 amp sockets from them and the assistant asked me if I needed any PTFE tape to go with them. Hmm. Maybe the tape will stop electricity leaking out of my sockets. Doh!

My local Screwfix always has a member of staff standing on the wrong side of the counter and they say 'hello' to customers when they come in and 'Is there anything I can help you with?' On one particularly sh*tty day and with a long queue in front, I answered 'Well you could jump over there and serve if you really want to help.'

They didn't.

You should of asked for the area managers name and number, they would of jumped over and served you straight away.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back