currys

Sponsored Links
Anyone used Costco for TV's, I always spend the first 45mins walking around them ogling, then off I go for 2 slices of pizza.

What's their returns policy like in case of issues?

My local Screwfix always has a member of staff standing on the wrong side of the counter and they say 'hello' to customers when they come in and 'Is there anything I can help you with?'
I found that too but, although there were no queues, they were very helpful when I couldn't find something. Perhaps there aren't enough cash registers on the other side of the counter?

Sponsored Links
My local Screwfix always has a member of staff standing on the wrong side of the counter and they say 'hello' to customers when they come in and 'Is there anything I can help you with?' On one particularly sh*tty day and with a long queue in front, I answered 'Well you could jump over there and serve if you really want to help.'

They didn't.

They do that in the bank - someone stalking the queue, asking if you could use a machine to pay in. If they opened another till instead of grilling customers, the queue would go down a lot quicker.

Got a friend with a quirky sense of humour.
Whenever we go into a store and the 'Greeter' asks if there is anything they can get for her she replies,
"Two coffees, one with sugar, 2 croissants and meet me in aisle three."

They suddenly get this perplexed look on their face and wonder if she is serious. Lol.
One young girl run after us one day to ask if we were under cover shoppers or perhaps managers from head office. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Got a friend with a quirky sense of humour.
Whenever we go into a store and the 'Greeter' asks if there is anything they can get for her she replies,
"Two coffees, one with sugar, 2 croissants and meet me in aisle three."
What a brilliant idea. I'm going to give that a go myself. "Tea, please. Milk, no sugar."

The reason they give you a form when you buy a television is because they pass it onto tv licensing who then check it against there records they have of the property. I've never filled one in. Similiar sort of thing with screwfix/toolstation, they ask you details for data mining, so they can keep tabs on all your purchases in order to send you offers. I had a scuff orginally when I opened a toolstation account, I said to the guy at the counter I bet you a £1000 I get a catalogue I don't want come through my letter box within 6 months, he was adamant I wouldn't. Within in 3 months I got one, went in to get my grand and he laughed it off, fuking ****. God knows what else they do with that data as well. If you are really concerned about giving details, and there's something in the back of your mind telling you not to, just make up a false name and address, so much easier than having to fight the staff, because you get asked for it every single time you buy something, and on a bad day I don't like being giving the third degree simply for not doing something I have every right not to do, or be asked about.

The reason they give you a form when you buy a television is because they pass it onto tv licensing who then check it against there records they have of the property. I've never filled one in. Similiar sort of thing with screwfix/toolstation, they ask you details for data mining, so they can keep tabs on all your purchases in order to send you offers. I had a scuff orginally when I opened a toolstation account, I said to the guy at the counter I bet you a £1000 I get a catalogue I don't want come through my letter box within 6 months, he was adamant I wouldn't. Within in 3 months I got one, went in to get my grand and he laughed it off, fuking ****. God knows what else they do with that data as well. If you are really concerned about giving details, and there's something in the back of your mind telling you not to, just make up a false name and address, so much easier than having to fight the staff, because you get asked for it every single time you buy something, and on a bad day I don't like being giving the third degree simply for not doing something I have every right not to do, or be asked about.
Good idea. Don't add a postcode, though, or they'll type it in and find your address is false. Much easier to say you can't remember the postcode as you never use it.

"Robin the Fairy, Woody Path, Dingly Dell, Toytown."

Tell them you only moved in yesterday and don't know the postcode yet. No telephone/broadband installed yet so no email address.

Good idea. Don't add a postcode, though, or they'll type it in and find your address is false. Much easier to say you can't remember the postcode as you never use it.

Or go onto a map and just pick an address, although you could end up chosing one that's already registered. ''Jane is it ? 32 Fukc knut avenue ?'' Me : ''Yea''

Or go onto a map and just pick an address, although you could end up chosing one that's already registered. ''Jane is it ? 32 Fukc knut avenue ?'' Me : ''Yea''
"No, it's Jeremy now. I've had a sex change."

Sponsored Links
Back