Rear View Mirror - it's gone!!!

Can't see out the back of ambulances either. I managed to reverse into a lamp-post. Got a heck of a row though cos my partner was meant to be outside flapping his arms about to direct me - not that that does much good cos on another occassion, I was waving and yelling at him to stop and he hit a flippin lamp post as well. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The biggest thing I've driven is a 7.5 tonner, which I've been doing on & off since 1985.

You do get used to it. My tip is always to reverse into spaces, driveways etc.., that way you can see beautifully on the way out.

I had an advanced driving assessment in my car & was told off big-time by my assessor for NOT using the RVM: I only used the door mirrors.

One things for sure though, if you can drive a 7.5 tonner, driving a car seems like child's play!

As I've said here before, if I had my way, ALL learner drivers would be taught and take their test in a LWB, hi-roof panel van with unglazed rear doors. If they learn to manoeuvre and park one of those up, then they'll have no trouble with a 4x4 later in life...

i once went on a date with a girl who had the rear view mirror turned so she could look at her own reflection.

only one date mind.

narcissistic people don't make good partners.

probably.

Hey a few days with the van and I'm getting used to it already, I've been doing what you guys have been saying reversing into spaces so I can get out easily, I always used to just drive into them with my corsa because it's such a small car!

I was looking at those cameras but I think one would just get nicked, and if it was secure so they couldn't nick it, they would probably smash it (yes thats what it is like round here) jealous t w a t s!

Might look into some cheap parking sensors, I just don't want to make that mistake and reverse into someone or someones car, I think spending a small amount of money would be worth it to avoid that!

Glad I got my van though, it's great! My tools barely fitted into the corsa but in the van there is so much space :D

Sponsored Links
An free parking sensor would be to get one of the little neds that would be likely to smash your parking sensor and tie them to the back doors. When you hear them scream, you know you've reversed far enough back!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

I was looking at those cameras but I think one would just get nicked, and if it was secure so they couldn't nick it, they would probably smash it (yes thats what it is like round here) jealous t**t s!

don't tell me about merseyside all bl**dy thiefs.

spent many nights/days down liverpool docks collecting wood, steel etc.

spending nights in some of the old pubs down the dock road. victoria hotel rings a bell if i remember. think its gone know this was back in the late 80's
ellesmere port another one collecting vauxhall cars.

did have some laughs, few rucks with the scousers.

Ha I don't live in Liverpool I live over the water in Birkenhead, can't say it's any better but yer :)

whats happened to the old brookside close in west derby after brookside finished, is it still their ? been their a few times.

whats happened to the old brookside close in west derby after brookside finished, is it still their ? been their a few times.

Something I got from yahoo

Phil Redmond bought the original nine houses in Brookside Close for £25,000 each. The buildings were put up for sale to the public in July 2005 and fetched around £250,000 each.

Used to be the best soap on TV I thought, good old jimmy and tinhead :)

Something I got from yahoo

Phil Redmond bought the original nine houses in Brookside Close for £25,000 each. The buildings were put up for sale to the public in July 2005 and fetched around £250,000 each.

Used to be the best soap on TV I thought, good old jimmy and tinhead :)

I remember in a restaurant around here, on the New Brighton front it used ot be called the Derby Pool, I got Mick Johnson's autograph :) (I was only little)

so its just a normal housing estate now, forgot all about that place after the program finished. i remember taking a load of bricks their.

Yep normal housing for normal living people.

Apparently Hollyoaks used a house in their show too.

Sponsored Links
Back