Human kindness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remembering there was a post on here a while back about whether or not people still help others...

I hit a patch of ice and/or diesel on a sliproad tonight, at a breath-taking 30mph. :eek: The back end tried to overtake the front end, and I had some thrilling sideways moments before deciding that what I would really enjoy would be to park my car nose-first into a hill-side. :LOL:

As I got out of the car to see exactly how an MG comes off in a fight with a hill (surprisingly well, who'd have thought :LOL: ), a chap came running up to me to check I was OK. He'd seen the car dancing a merry jig across the carriageway in his rear view mirror, stopped on the hard shoulder and run a hundred yards or so back to where I was to check I was OK. Gave me a few reassuring words ("I thought this road felt a bit slippery" and "I used to have one of these, did the same thing once!") and carried on his way.

So, next time you're changing a tyre in the rain and some bu**er drives through the puddle you're stopped next to, remember that there's still plenty of good people out there! :D

Sponsored Links
No he wouldn't. The kind of person who would take the trouble to stop in circumstances like that would do so to offer help.

That thought would never cross their minds.

Sponsored Links
Back