Currys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just bought a new tv from currys because our old one has died. It used to be easy this buying stuff, not now. Before you can part with your hard earned you are forced to suffer the insurance and the sky hd pitch and teh sales guy gets the hump when you tell you're not interested :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Very pushy at Currys when we bought a laptop. Would you like accidental cover blah blah? :rolleyes:

Hi to Kev and Bet :D

Sponsored Links
bought a surround/bluray kit from currys, they tried to force a gold plated HDMI lead on me. Told him I didnt need a gold plated one, because I will only be using the HDMI lead to transmit 1s and 0s, which dont care if the lead is gold plated. :rolleyes:

The g1lded ones work on the I`s and the g0ld ones work on the O`s - Chinese one`s dont work @ all - allegedly

Buy from an independant TV shop, you will get better service and most likely deliver and install free.

bought a surround/bluray kit from currys, they tried to force a gold plated HDMI lead on me. Told him I didnt need a gold plated one, because I will only be using the HDMI lead to transmit 1s and 0s, which dont care if the lead is gold plated. :rolleyes:

If kept in a dry environment, which they usually are :confused: they are no different

Gold HDMI cables work just the same as a normal one, and have no improvement. All shops try and sell the most expensive HDMI cables and rip customers off, a £10 HDMI cable will work just as good as £100 HDMI cable.

better conductivity yer twonk

No such thing with a HDMI cable, you cannot improve a digital signal, it either works or it doesnt work. Dont get ripped off!

balls in your court kev, give me proof your right, and i can punch the brother in law, as he sold me the best :evil: :evil:

its easy when youve bought what you want just say when they ask "throw it in for nothing and i will take it"
that conversation can only go one way just keep repeating every time he tries to sell
they soon get bored :D :D ;)

No such thing as conductivity? Gold plating on both plug and socket will reduce the resistance of the joint. Perhaps not important for your average 2m cable, but it does matter if you actually run cables for more than a few meters. As does the size and shielding of the conductors.

HDMI cables are not all the same.

Sponsored Links
Back