Curtain Pole Bracket covers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've put some curtain poles up today but the brackets that are screwed to the wall and showing and wondered if there is anything I can get to cover them, bar replacing with a more expensive pole that would hide them. The screws don't look too attractive and the brackets are not pin point vertical, so wondered if anything exists that can cover them. Thanks

Sponsored Links
pics.gif

But you may have identified the fundamental problem - you should use a pole which has concealed fittings. Try John Lewis rather than Ikea.

Agreed, problem is I have bought the poles and drilled them in, so was wondering if I can avoid cost and work of replacing with something else. I tried screw caps but they just fall off, wondered if there is anything to cover the bracket, if not will live with it for now
View media item 75864

Paint them to match the wall, or if your wallpapering paper over them.

Sponsored Links
wondered if there is anything to cover the bracket
The slide-on covers which, by the looks of it, they should have come with?

PVC mini trunking?

The curtains which will be hanging from the pole?

OK thanks guys. No covers came with them, in terms of the PVC trunking that's not something I've come across but I assume it's easy to pick up from Wickes or B&Q, would it easily attach to the wall?

OK thanks guys. No covers came with them,
OK - it looked like the bracket had a lip designed to allow a cover to be slid on, like this:

betydlig-wall-ceiling-bracket__0154974_PE313096_S4.JPG

in terms of the PVC trunking that's not something I've come across but I assume it's easy to pick up from Wickes or B&Q, would it easily attach to the wall?
Screw through it, clip the lid on, stick an end cap in, paint it to match the brackets or wall.

Or hang the curtains and notice that you can no longer see the brackets.

If you have 'Tie-Backs with the curtains, (tapes or rope things you wrap around the curtains half way down), simply wrap these around the mid way section of curtain and then pull the tops together so you get that 'swish' look you see in all the old films. Ask a woman if you are unsure what I am talking about.

Thank you guys, I will ask my GF about the swish look!

Ban all sheds - thanks for being patient but I am a slight novice on these things. The covers in the picture are exactly what I am looking for, would you mind just detailing out each item I need to buy and then what I need to do with it, presumably I can get them from a B&Q / Wickes? I got the poles from Screwfix but don't remember seeing any covers although admittedly somebody else put them up for me, I checked their accessories and cannot see them sold separately.

The covers in the picture are exactly what I am looking for, would you mind just detailing out each item I need to buy and then what I need to do with it, presumably I can get them from a B&Q / Wickes?
That was a photo of an Ikea bracket which includes covers.

I got the poles from Screwfix but don't remember seeing any covers although admittedly somebody else put them up for me, I checked their accessories and cannot see them sold separately.
Check with Screwfix to see if they should have had them - if so, ask the person who put the brackets up what they did with them.

But I still think you won't see them once the curtains are up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back