Curtain pole, urgent help needed. Going crazy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, sorry wasn't sure if any of the categories were relevant to this post, but I need urgent advice because this has been driving me crazy for a few weeks now!

Basically I need a 2m chrome curtain pole set. Well 2 actually!

A first glance this should be easy. Spoke to B&Q and they are saying they only do 180cm and the 220cm available are all extendable. I don't really like the idea of those as I just want a pole to be the same diameter all the way across! They also said their metal poles could not be cut down to required size!

Can anyone just point me in the direction of a pole with all the bits. I'm going to get eyelet curtains so rings not so important. I quite like the idea of the straight ending poles - just something very minimalist if really.

Obviously I don't want one that is tacky looking or so light weight that it will snap!

Help! Need to start decorating that wall and can't until I have bought a replacement pole to avoid try and keep some privacy!

Help!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I did say it was just an example! :rolleyes:

You never said in your post what diamater you wanted.

Also if you had bothered to read, you would have seen that the example I showed could be cut down with a hacksaw.

I think I'll leave you to it.....

Sponsored Links
I did say it was just an example! :rolleyes:

You never said in your post what diamater you wanted.

Also if you had bothered to read, you would have seen that the example I showed could be cut down with a hacksaw.

I think I'll leave you to it.....

Yes sorry should have said about diameter. Smaller poles are more suited to pleated curtains. Eyelets would be a bit odd on a skinny rod.

I did see it could be cut but 100 is rather a lot of wastage.

Jeezuz, you don't want much do you.

Any particular shine on the chrome...? :rolleyes:

Lol, nope, I know what I want!! Lol.
Well I don't want the satin finish on the chrome... Nice and shiny will do me fine :D

https://www.paulsimon.co.uk/tracks-and-poles?p=2

Personally I'd decorate before I put the pole up!

That's what will happen but I need to have one here. I think I may buy some nets and whack them up to try and keep some privacy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back