cut kichen work top

Sponsored Links
yes, but if it will be any good will be a differnt matter.

opinion suggests you get some one in for the cuts, goes wrong their fault, not yours

What can go wrong if the jig is secured accurately and the OP is careful with the router?

OT, but are the Silverline jigs available for about £25 any good?

^woody^ said:
What can go wrong if the jig is secured accurately and the OP is careful with the router?

OT, but are the Silverline jigs available for about £25 any good?
The corner you're working into can be out of square (very common), you can cut from the wrong side and get a break-out (common DIY error), you can forget to make a final full depth cut on the correct side of the jig opening, cheap jigs don't always produce a tight joint at the curve, etc, etc. Biggest problems are probably levelling-up to start with, making sure you've got access to the joiners from below (when on solid-top corner carcasses) and taking-out the inevitable bow in the top when cramping-up - and ALL tops are bowed to a greater or lesser extent :rolleyes: , it's just a matter of degree

Scrit

Sponsored Links
How much am I likely to pay for someone in the trade to cut --- 4 angles to be cuts?
I had--- 1 angle cut three years ago. It was £50 then, but I cannot get hold of the man that cut it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back