Cutting round wooden door casings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got numerous wooden door casings to cut around, ready for tiling. I've seen people using in the past a type of angle grinder with a blade attatchment but I do not no what these are called or where I am able to purchase one. Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
wooden door casings????you mean door standards?......wot you doing exactly?.....anyhow b+q it.

You are probably referring to a diamond blade fitted to (usually, a 115mm) angle grinder. You need a continuous rim blade, and will have to pay good money to get a good one.

If you don't have a small angle grinder but you have a jigsaw, you can get tile cutting blades for jigsaws that work well for cutting ceramic tiles.

Alternatively, you can cut the bottoms off the architraves using a Fein Multimaster or an equivalent tool. Some people, though, regard this as a less than ideal approach.

better reply than mine..............serves u right on sore heed day.. :D

Sponsored Links
yer Cheers its one of these fein multimaster tools i've seen in the past although is there a cheaper alternative

The cheaper alternative is the Bosch PMF180, much discussed in the Tools and Materials section (qv).

I've not used one, but it's probably perfectly OK for DIY use.

I do use the Bosch blades, however, because the price of the Fein blades is iniquitous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back