Cutting tile at floor threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Some photos here :

IMG_20180430_103706034_BURST001.jpg
IMG_20180430_103655849_LL.jpg

I'm cutting back these tiled areas because I'm fitting laminate up to it and the threshold needs to be in line with the door, otherwise it won't look right.

I've got a mini angle grinder and multi cutter. But I'm not sure which to use ?

The grinder will kick up a lot of dust. The multi cutter will need a tile cutter bit, but will it work ?? Bit of advice appreciated here

P.s. I did not fit these tiles so I don't know what may lie underneath.

Sponsored Links
I used a Dremel with a thin diamond cutting disk to give a very clean cut.

Sponsored Links
are you showin two different doorway thresholds to the same room?
what kind of threshold transition are you going to use? the transisition bar should cover any damaged edges.
for any long cut across the opening a 115mm angle grinder with a diamond tile blade will easily do a clean straight cut. for the last tricky bits then as above a dremel will also give a neat cut.

instead of the above, the cut line can be nicked a few times with a tile scriber and the offcuts will then break off with a few taps of a pin hammer. but if you have the power tools then use them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back