Dado Trunking

S

sjwkmje

Hi All,

Have a job that requires Dado trunking around a small 1M by 2M room where networking equipment is. I have never worked with this stuff before and avoided it!

I take it you just miter the corners at 45 degress so they fit the corner of the room? Its 3 compartment but the last section I need to drop into a CU but cross compartments to do this no Data cables will be in this section. How would you do this? Just cut it?

Any other tips?

Thanks,

Adam

Sponsored Links
Normally you would just butt the tof the trunking together at a corner, and then cover this with a purpose made internal corner piece.

Mitering the corners usually doesn't work unless your room is *perfectly* square.

There is no issue with the mains passing through the data compartment if there is no data wiring in there.

I just used two different types of skirting trunking, and for both types fittings were available for inside and outside corner, and joins. So you only have to cut the trunking square, and the rough cut is covered up by the fittings.

If that helps.

EDIT: B*gg*r!

Thanks, any ducting manufactures you recomend? Did not know you could get internal external cornor peaces like you could with YT etc.

Drawing it out on paper I have 4 single back boxes, 4 double back boxes, and some 25mm ducting lenghts running up to the ceeling.

Rf, using a Hager board for this all RCBO's this will be my second all RCBO install so I will get some photos.

I am using singles, is it better to use a ferrle on the end crimpped for each leg of the ring for connections to the sockets and spurs?

Adam

Sponsored Links
B&Q do several sizes of trunking with the fittings or your local CEF should be able to help.

I'm using singles, is it better to use a ferrle on the end crimpped for each leg of the ring for connections to the sockets and spurs?

Adam

I think it would be better if you got an electrician to do the job.

I am a Spark :rolleyes: The reason I asked was I looked at two other installs with Dado, both uses ferrules and cable markers extensivley and I asked because I did not know if this was the correct way with Dado. Never been taught this or used it thats why I asked.

Personally I would not use ferrules but would go with cable markers for the circuits.

Adam

There is no need for ferrules on normal conduit wiring singles.

They are normally used on fine wire such as flex and panel wiring singles etc.

Ignore holmslaw. Everyone else does.

Not to open a can of earth worms I decided not to mention this is my orginal post, high integrity earthing, I was looking at the OSG before this job, 7.6.3 was going to go with that method.

My colleage seemed to think I should run another earth ring to each socket and into seperate terminals for the high integ and the second one for the CPC's. I showed him the OSG and he agrees with my method, Coljacks method. His reasoning was to get the earth loop impeadance down Zs to use a type C.

I am using a type c RCBO here so I will check the Zs, the calcs is should be OK as its a short run. Its for a general supply not for any data equipment, thats all connected to a 16A BS4343 via a 20A type C mcb.

Thanks RF, I am more used to panel wiring at the moment coming from industrial.

shhhh, don't mention high integrity earthing or BAS will start again..

( get dual earth sockets and put the earths in seperate terminals at each socket and at the CU.. )
Not forgetting, of course, the need to have two completely independent separate cpcs if it's a ring final...

shhhh, don't mention high integrity earthing or BAS will start again..

( get dual earth sockets and put the earths in seperate terminals at each socket and at the CU.. )
Not forgetting, of course, the need to have two completely independent separate cpcs if it's a ring final...

BAS, we've agreed to disagree on this one already, so leave it at that..

Hello.

Going back to 'dado' trunking it reminded me of one of my first jobs in an office environment, where all the offices where to be 'trunked out :confused: ' below the desks. I had a chat with the client and he agreed to it being fitted at skirting level. All was good :LOL: .

I was working nights and just rested it on the level floor and dry wall screwed it. Completed the job in all offices in record time, a profit at last!!!.

That was untill the carpet tiles went down and I had left the 'bottom' compartment lid off.

Oh what joy inexperience brings :oops: .

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back