Daft question #999,999

Ha ha . If it's any consolation ,I forgot the spigot was for solvent welding or compression and not for push fitting !!
And thought Glengormley was in Scotland !!!
Genius ...pahft :oops::oops:

Sponsored Links
Ha ha . If it's any consolation ,I forgot the spigot was for solvent welding or compression and not for push fitting !!

AAAAHHHHHH that exolains it now, so I'm not insane. Well, not in that way anyway :whistle:

And thought Glengormley was in Scotland !!!
Genius ...pahft :oops::oops:

Scotland?? That's for soft types who can't take a bit of cold. My heating bill here is approximaely 6-7 times what it was when I lived in Sunny Gloucestershire :eek:

Glengormley is officially the coldest, wettest place in Ireland...

(Hopefully) my last post on this thread... so here's the (nearly) final step. The waste & everything else works great; thanks Terry and everybody who helped. Couldn't have done it without you.

Unfortunately, the screws which would normally hold the basin to the wall just go round and round, even with new, longer screws etc, so I've had to do same as last time and silicone the basin to the wall. The T-shaped piece of wood holds it really tight for 24 hours, then clean up the silicone and Terry's your uncle :D

20200203_153347.jpg

Looks nice with its new taps as well as waste. As somebody warned me earlier, the flow is reduced due to my using flexi pipes and ¼-turn taps, but it's a small basin, and it's perfectly acceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back