Daft question #999,999

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit new taps to the basin in my en-suite. Not again, I hear you all groan… no, honestly, this is the last job :rolleyes:

Anyway, I fancy these, but it says “tap tails not supplied”. Can I assume that any normal flexi connector will fit them OK, eg these?

Sponsored Links
You’d maybe like to consider a brass back nut, rather than the ghastly plastic ones normally supplied!
John :)

Umm... back nut? You mean the one which holds the tap in place... are they likely to be plastic? Seriously?

Sponsored Links
If I buy taps and the back nut is plastic, its the first bit to go in the bin.....anything more than finger tight the thread slips and the tap can move on the basin. A right PITA.

Right. But there's probably no way of me knowing if anything on the SF site has plastic or copper I guess...?

Hadn't occurred to me, to be honest, as the last 2 sets of taps I've installed have been mixers, with a long stud and brass nut. I've yet to do single taps...

Umm... back nut? You mean the one which holds the tap in place... are they likely to be plastic? Seriously?

It all depends, the ones supplied to us supply both plastic and brass, what a waste of plastic :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Right. But there's probably no way of me knowing if anything on the SF site has plastic or copper I guess...?

No, but once purchased open up and whilst you’re still there get brass if you need them:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Best to see if Screwfix actually do the brass back nuts, then buy the taps, open the box and see what’s there....usually they are plastic but at least you are prepared!
Honestly, I have the back nuts in stock, plus the box spanner to tighten things up....gets the job done in one.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back