Daily ragmail

Denial again. Doesn't suit you. I said the circulation of right leaning newspapers is greater than the left leaning papers by providing a link on circulation which is data collected by the newspaper industry body itself so unless you have alternative facts I suggest you eat some tasty humble pie. :D

I am sitting on my **** end having a cup of tea reading the daily wail

Apparently the bloke who owns the daily wail does not pay tax in the UK , just thought I would mention it

Does JohnD knows this ??:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
It would be helpful to see some examples of the kind of thing people think they are legally prohibited from saying.
That it is illegal does not prevent the saying of it.
That you may be punished for saying it means it is not free-speech.
My main point in all this is that Kankerot would not defend the right to say it - unless, of course he thought the ban unjustified or agreed with what was being said.

For example you can say "I hate all Methodists, they're all idiots!"
I do get the feeling you are being deliberately obtuse - there's a first.

but it would be an offence to say "Let's round up all the Methodists and kill them!
Therefore, you are not allowed to say it, although, obviously that does not stop you saying it.
Bank robbery is illegal but people still do it.

BUT
, would you you defend people's right to do either of those things.

Why is Choudary in prison?
Did you or would you defend his right to say the things which caused him to be imprisoned?

What about denying some things which happened during the war? Isn't it illegal to put forward that opinion?

Sponsored Links
What about denying some things which happened during the war? Isn't it illegal to put forward that opinion?
In Germany and Austria, holocaust denial is criminal. Very rarely, people are stupid enough to offend often enough to get a prison sentence. The pro-Nazi David Irving is an example. He was discredited as a historian after being exposed that he was an active Holocaust denier, antisemite, and racist, who "for his own ideological reasons persistently and deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence". In addition, the court found that Irving's books had distorted the history of Adolf Hitler's role in the Holocaust to depict Hitler in a favourable light.

Without looking into the history, I will guess that this is a carry-over from the de-nazification that was attempted (with slight success) starting from the Occupation of Germany at the end of the fighting part of WW2 (WW2 ended in 1990-91 and not, as some people think, in 1945).

I don't know if other countries have similar laws. I have an idea that in Turkey you can be imprisoned for not denying the Armenian massacres.

Last edited:
In Germany and Austria, holocaust denial is criminal. Very rarely, people are stupid enough to offend often enough to get a prison sentence. The pro-Nazi David Irving is an example. He was discredited as a historian after being exposed that he was an active Holocaust denier, antisemite, and racist, who "for his own ideological reasons persistently and deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence". In addition, the court found that Irving's books had distorted the history of Adolf Hitler's role in the Holocaust to depict Hitler in a favourable light.

Without looking into the history, I will guess that this is a carry-over from the de-nazification that was attempted (with slight success) starting from the Occupation of Germany at the end of the fighting part of WW2 (WW2 ended in 1990-91 and not, as some people think, in 1945).

I don't know if other countries have similar laws. I have an idea that in Turkey you can be imprisoned for not denying the Armenian massacres.
Israel banned a conference on the Armenian massacres so as not to offend Turkey. so I guess that makes Is
It would be helpful to see some examples of the kind of thing people think they are legally prohibited from saying.

For example you can say "I hate all Methodists, they're all idiots!"

but it would be an offence to say "Let's round up all the Methodists and kill them!"

*neither statement reflects my opinion

It is possibly legal, but unacceptable here, for Hawkeye to say "Nevertheless, there can be little doubt that the recent push to have Parliament vote on Brexit is very much a Methodist project." as part of his ongoing tirade of hatred against people whose religion he does not share, and to refer disparagingly to "Methodist property speculator Fred Bloggs. One thus begins to notice a pattern emerging" or to say "Our Methodist controlled banking cartels have decided to pull the plug."

Hawkeye is a neo-Nazi.
I didn't know Rothschild was a Methodist, very interesting.

Why should anyone be jailed for denying something which has never been confirmed to have actually happened.

Why should anyone be jailed for denying something

I suppose to deal with people who are insane, malicious or ill-informed and insist that black is white and up is down.

People like Irving.

DIALLY RAGMAIL MAKES SPELING MIGTAKE

19224770_944397452369441_5720488747713415929_n.jpg

did their London Bridge report say "close to where Jack the Ripper once plied his murderous trade?"

Although - reporting the Westminster Bridge attack, I think it was mentioned that the Houses of Parliament were nearby.

I don't think Jack the Ripper mentioned muslims.

Just saying.

Sponsored Links
Back