Daily Telegraph Expert says homeowners can fit own boilers

come on guys we can at least get this to 10 pages of crap hope this gets to 9 :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Diy gas is legal if you are doing it in your own home, who cares, it won`t be registered anyway, neither will that loft conversion you have had done or any number of contraventions to the law.

THE POINT IS THIS: IF YOU ARE DOING IT FOR A LIVING EXPECT TO ANSWER TO THE FULL FORCE OF THE LAW AND IT`S REGULATIONS! IF YOU WANT TO DO IT FOR YOURSELF WHO GIVES ONE? ARE YOU COMPETENT? NOT INTERESTED! DO WHAT YOU ARE GONNA DO BUT DON`T EXPECT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE ON HOW TO DO IT!

I feel better now.

Not sure I agree with the wording "can't be prosecuted", since if one (a DIYer can be viewed as a self-employed person (indeed a gas installer as he is installing a gas appliance) working for profit (as in not paying someone else to improve his home, which will be reflected in the selling price as a job not needing doing))

He is not working for monetary profit. He gain no money. His bank account's figures never went up.
Hegains money through the subsequent sale of the house. He gains money by not spending it getting someone else to install it (one could easily argue that money left in a savings account will accrue interestm thus gaining money)

Anyway, the whole argument comes down to a legally binding definition of the term "competent", which HSE provides.

Sponsored Links
A picture of several gas meters installed in meter boxes without lids, no visible sleeving, no visible earth bonding, no visible on/off markings and no emergency number presumably serviceable but prone to weathering........And? I could show you numerous pictures of gas pipes run externally, some with barely no clips! oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, big deal. :rolleyes: I take it you shut em all down and contacted Transco/ Tesco/ Asda/ Kwiksave/Poundstretcher and all uninterested parties?

so you wont tell me how to do a tightness test then :cry:

No. That would be irresponsible and Agile has promised me a new shiny Halo and possible entry into Combustion chamber if I keep my mouth shut and go away for the next couple of years.

To the tune of Tony Christie`s `AMARILLO`

When the Day is Dawnin,`
on a Sunny Combustion Forum,
How I long to be there,
with Tony who`s waitin` for me there,

If your advice is dodgy,
Don`t you take a chance,
`cos ya know he`s readin`,
and getting all big in his pants,

(everybody)

Is this the way to the Combustion Forum?
Bring in your Ego and lots of decorum,
Dreamin` dreams of the Combustion Forum,
And sweet Tony who waits for me,

(dance like your Dad)

`SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA,
SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA,
and sweet Tony who waits for me`

There`s an alarm bell ringin`,
A guy`s logged in, his advice is mingin`,
Tony spots the phoney,
calls up the Mods and says `Hi this is Tony,`

"There`s a man who`s postin,
and he aint got a clue,`
either He goes or I go,
choose between the two",

Is this the way to the Screwfix website?
Mods packed me bags and wished me `Nitey nite,`
So I`m off to the Screwfix website,
and the abuse that waits for me,

( Last time! c`mon swing your pants! )

`SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA,

and the abuse that waits for me

And they say Michael Jackson is dead. :rolleyes: I`m Moonwalking in me undercrackers.

Holty asked:

hi has anyone come accross one of these, ripped it out the other day. got to admit not a bad old back boiler . just wandering if its worth keepin hold off.

Oh Dearie me, can`t do a let by test. :cry: How did you remove existing gas supply? Ripped it out did yer? Read some of your posts, you are a cowboy :cry: Shame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back