Damn how the hell are clothes this cheap in UK?

Lol. It's not my fault you are a pig ugly, poorly dressed, bitter fat slob, divorcee either. Live and let live Boyo. Must be my earlier amateur modelling career that's lingering in a middle aged wannabe.

I just can't add to that. I read the 'amateur modelling career' bit and collapsed. Priceless.

Noseall in his 'designer' thong taking photos of himself. "Oh Boyo" he says to himself through those prominent choppers......."don't forget to gaffer tape the extra large aubergine and the bag of King Edwards inside me knickers"......"after all Nosebag you devilishly handsome and frighteningly intelligent geezer (he says to himself in the mirror whilst stroking the aubergine lovingly)......you did pay lots and lots of money for those jeans to cover your bandy legs".

Amateur modelling career! I love it. I couldn't make it up.

Sponsored Links
No mate I use stripy toothpaste. I'd lend you some for those prominent equine/ Hartley Hare dentures but we're talking more than a few tubes, scaffolding, ropes, Health and Safety Risk Assessment etc. Actually if you fancy getting rid of them so you can actually press your lips together I need a few more tiles for a splashback. If we stuffed you and nailed you to the wall at a party you'd make a great bottle opener.

Nosebag reads this whilst undertaking his twice monthly ablutions, dipping a rag on a stick into a tin bucket in his back yard and breaking open his 'designer' posing pouch with a claw hammer. "Hmmmmm"......ablutions?" He muses whilst leafing through a dictionary.

I thank you.......and goodnight......

Seafarer, you have a way with words!! :) Grins.

Fair point Bern and one that was very relevant until a few years ago. Price and brand WAS an indication of quality. The goal posts have moved these days though. Even M&S have stuff made on the cheap abroad. 'Next' suits are made in Belorussia and the Ukraine for the price of a kebab.

For years I bought those packs of five M&S mens black cotton socks. They last for years. They were more expensive than BHS for example but I knew that they lasted longer. They were made by a hosiery firm in Lancs. Well the foreign competition won the contract and the Lancs. firm went to the wall. M&S still sell packs of mens black cotton socks but they barely last a year.

When my kids were little I often bought their clothes from Woolworths. Their own 'Ladybird' brand kids clothes were British made and great quality. They outlasted other brands like Next or Mothercare that got passed down the family for other nippers to wear.
Agreed - in recent years I've found all of the mainstream shops to be bad quality, and had to return for refunds. In the last year alone I've bought winter boots from M&S that lasted 2 weeks before the sole came off, a couple of dresses from Monsoon which lasted about 4 wears before disintegrating and a coat from Next which piled badly within 3 hours of wearing. Oh, and thinking a pair of Doc Marten boots would be a safer bet for a decent pair of winter boots, I shelled out £130 for a pair to find they are not water tight while walking through damp grass. Upon complaining, I was informed by Dr M that no boots of theirs are water tight unless I wanted to spend even more for the privilege on a few other pairs of boots they make which are marketed as water resistant and British made! Well, back in my punk days when I last wore Docs they certainly were, so yet another company who has stuff now made in Asia and quality has gone.

Something to be said for buying stuff in cheap shops, at least it's not as annoying when stuff has a short life..

Sponsored Links
Looked at a pair of DM,s last Friday in Cambridge. HOW FOOKING MUCH! We used to pay £1.50p for a pair of ten highs from a mates dad who used get them straight from the factory in Northampton. Was a few years ago mind.

Lucky you being so cheap! And they were better back then and lasted years.. I think the last time I paid for a pair they were £30.
Don't buy em tho, I kept mine and as well as them leaking, a strap broke a few months in (they are a fashion pair, rather than the bovver boot style). All in all, a bad buy. They are a fight to get refunds from now, I didn't manage it, just got a free pot of dubbin out of them for the leaks, lol.

Dubbin ? Do they still make that? Not heard that word since I was at school in the 60's.
When I was a bit slimmer I remember buying jeans at Asda for £4 (?) a pair and being surprised at the quality (for the price) Far better than Cotton Traders jeans.

Sponsored Links
Back