Danesmoor Capacitor Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give advice on how to get this capacitor out.
How does the black plastic cap come off and how do people get into where the nut is on the capacitor thread?

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_130833.jpg
    IMG_20200301_130833.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 379
Sponsored Links
Undo the nut with either a box spanner or a socket.....the black cap covers the electrical connections which may be sealed or push on.
John :)

Can't believe I didn't think to try a socket set haha
Does it look normal to have the brown stuff in the picture appearing to be leaking out?

Any advice on selecting its replacement. I know it needs to be 3UF or something. Thx

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_140501.jpg
    IMG_20200301_140501.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 354
Sponsored Links
All the writing on the side of the capacitor has faded. I know it's for a AEG Motor eb 95c28/2 70w.

I think it's manufacturer part no. 87161566650 but not sure how you tell for sure. Only thing sites seem to confirm is its 3UF and for AEG motors.

I hope it's just the capacitor that has gone as the motor looks hard to source and nearly 200 quid. Can only find a 90w too but maybe that will do.

Last edited:
Also does anyone think the cheaper option from amazon would be a bad idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200301_153137_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200301_153137_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 125
Check out www.hwos.co.uk for what you need....the capacitor may be C107/9 and the motor may be B2402.
Thanks John. That's a good suggestion and within the North east for me.
It's a bit of a punt though isn't it. What's the damage if this isn't quite right? Will it just not power up or could it cause damage to the boiler or motor etc. Cheers

Capacitor wise, so long as the uf is the same and likewise the working voltage, it will work fine.
Burner caps are often metal though which may help with the temperatures they encounter.
To test the motor on the bench, connect 250v to it and switch on.....if the cap is no good the motor wont know which way to spin, and you can spin the spindle yourself.
Hwos are in Bishop Auckland but Border heating may be nearer at Kingston Park.....he’s expensive though.
Hrpc near Byker is another one.

I’m not sure when they stopped using this burner but there are loads about.....both balanced flue and room air models have been used on this boiler.
This one runs at 100 psi pump pressure and use a solid nozzle (0.50 S) with a CO2 level of 10.5 if I remember.
The oil pump has a cartridge type filter, under an allen screw on the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back