Danfoss thermostat question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a thermostat / room sensor set up in a flat I’ve just moved into. As with new things there are some learnings and I’m trying to get head round a heating situation.

The central heating / hot water thermostat is TPOne-M and is positioned within the kitchen / living area. The TS2A remote sensor is positioned in the hallway.

The kitchen / living has 2 large radiators in it and I’ve noticed this room heats up quickly even if the TRVs are turned down.

The TPOne-M seems to get to the programmed temp , say 21 deg, then the heating clicks off and boiler shuts down.

I have checked with a hand held room thermometer the temperature which matches the TPOne-M.

However when I check the air temp at the TS2A it’s up to 4 degrees cooler in the hall typically.

My question is should the TPOne-M cut off when it reaches the temp programmed , say 21 deg, or should it heat up to the temperature in the hall at the air sensor and then cut off ? ( Typically 4 degrees less)

Does the TPOne-M take priority over the hall sensor TS2A? In which case the hall sensor is practically useless as the kitchen / living will always heat up quicker than the hall?

Hopefully this makes sense , any thoughts would be appreciated , basically I’m unsure if the TPOne-M should cut off when the temperature is reached in that area or when the temperature in the hall on the TS2A should be reached ?

Best regards
Callum

Sponsored Links
1708727735323.png1708727868215.png On page 19 it talks about sensor it seems there is three main uses of the sensor.

The thermostat is seems has selectable modes as well, simple on off, or a variable mark/space ratio to stop over shooting. There is a video

The kitchen / living has 2 large radiators in it and I’ve noticed this room heats up quickly even if the TRVs are turned down.
Trvs are on off controls so as long as they are calling for heat the rads in use anywhere will all heat to the same temp until satisfied then the rad will turn off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back