Danfoss tp5000si thermostat display problems

On the contrary, quite a lot of hard wired thermostats use batteries, especially ones that do not require a neutral wire.
So i’m quite confused now, as i pulled the thermostat off the wall and it was still on, but had a 4core power cable going to it also. So are the batteries just a back up? Also I didn’t see any low voltage cables so does this mean it’s a wireless unit? Where would i find the receiver?

Sponsored Links
No it doesn’t mean it’s wireless, as the wires are behind it - these are used to send (switch) the live to the zone valve(s). I don’t know why batteries are used in this instance, it might be to do with saving settings.

It's an SI control

Service Interval

Designed to stop working if the system is not regularly maintained.

Typically installed in rental properties, but also sold off at low prices because most people don't want a product that does that.

It's an SI control

Service Interval

Designed to stop working if the system is not regularly maintained

Typically installed in rental properties, but also sold off at low prices because most people don't want a product that does that.
Ah ok, my house is a new build so maybe got installed because it’s cheap?

So whats the solution? Get the boiler serviced and then it will be ok?

Sponsored Links
My Danfoss tp5000si display has all of a sudden stopped displaying the time and intstead shows only 2 dots flashing where the time normally is and also the temperature, which when i first looked was down at 5c

Read what I have posted. Nothing wrong with your thermostat.

So i’m quite confused now, as i pulled the thermostat off the wall and it was still on, but had a 4core power cable going to it also. So are the batteries just a back up? Also I didn’t see any low voltage cables so does this mean it’s a wireless unit? Where would i find the receiver?

Will be a retrofit. Would have been a normal thermostat replaced by present unit carrying out time and temperature function. Programmer either bypassed or set to ON to defer control to TP5000. Done that many times

Will be a retrofit. Would have been a normal thermostat replaced by present unit carrying out time and temperature function. Programmer either bypassed or set to ON to defer control to TP5000. Done that many times
Brilliant thanks, so whats the solution please?

Press the up and down arrow together. Or look at the manual on how to remove the programmer from frost setting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back