Darwish Article

Never mind just John, there's many more who are sympathetic to his POV, myself included.

Sponsored Links
Do you honestly think the UK is going to have Sharia law in certain areas/cities

They already have their own councils, which are set up in the back of semi detached houses, they can volunteer to have issues brought to them.

Sharia Law in the UK will never happen.

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eventually they will have it legalised until then they practice it and the government agencies turn a blind eye.

Really.......when was the last time you heard of someone being stoned, or someone having their hand cut off in this country?

They have Sharia courts, which are adhered to voluntary by Muslims.

If you honestly think that Sharia Law will be imposed in Britain, then you are a fool. An upheaval of the British legal system, parliment, politicians etc.....No chance!

You're a fool that I previously didn't take you for ;)

So you won't accept that sharia law is being practiced in the UK unless and until they start chopping limbs off and stoning their? women to death in our streets.

And it's voluntary is it? for who, the men.

Won't ever happen? The die is cast and appeasement rules the day.

It's funny how the tolerant are so intolerant don't you think.

You're a fool that I previously didn't take you for ;)

So you won't accept that sharia law is being practiced in the UK unless and until they start chopping limbs off and stoning their? women to death in our streets.

And it's voluntary is it? for who, the men.

Won't ever happen? The die is cast and appeasement rules the day.

It's funny how the tolerant are so intolerant don't you think.

I said Sharia councils already operate. they have been since the 80's. They have no legal powers and they cannot impose any penalties or punishment.

They act on civil cases only

So you believe that one day Sharia Law will be imposed on this country?

Sponsored Links
I said Sharia councils already operate. they have been since the 80's. They have no legal powers and they cannot impose any penalties or punishment.

By way of an answer.

Shariah Courts in Britain

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the UK and its legal system - Shariah also spelled Sharia - is increasingly becoming a part of the UK judicial system. In 2008 the Government sanctioned five Shariah courts to operate in this country, ruling on a range of civil matters including financial disputes and divorce. The rulings of these courts are now enforceable in the English Legal System. British Courts can now enforce Shariah judgements! It is for these reasons we need to know more about this legal system.

How is Shariah Law practiced within the UK Regulatory and Legal Framework?

There has been a great deal of controversy devoted to the idea of Shariah law as practiced in the UK, as evidenced by the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan William’s comments regarding the application of Shariah law into the UK legal system. Baron Phillips, President of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, has stated that such punishments as stoning, flogging, and amputation of hands will be deemed absolutely unacceptable. However, Shariah law should have a place in terms of alternative dispute resolution, and in many ways already does. In the UK it mostly deals with family affairs and there is also a growing need for it in terms of Shariah finance.

I'm not surprised you're stuck in the 80's I just wish we all were ;)

By way of an answer.

Shariah Courts in Britain

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the UK and its legal system - Shariah also spelled Sharia - is increasingly becoming a part of the UK judicial system. In 2008 the Government sanctioned five Shariah courts to operate in this country, ruling on a range of civil matters including financial disputes and divorce. The rulings of these courts are now enforceable in the English Legal System. British Courts can now enforce Shariah judgements! It is for these reasons we need to know more about this legal system.

How is Shariah Law practiced within the UK Regulatory and Legal Framework?

There has been a great deal of controversy devoted to the idea of Shariah law as practiced in the UK, as evidenced by the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan William’s comments regarding the application of Shariah law into the UK legal system. Baron Phillips, President of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, has stated that such punishments as stoning, flogging, and amputation of hands will be deemed absolutely unacceptable. However, Shariah law should have a place in terms of alternative dispute resolution, and in many ways already does. In the UK it mostly deals with family affairs and there is also a growing need for it in terms of Shariah finance.

I'm not surprised you're stuck in the 80's I just wish we all were ;)

So I was right....thinks :D

A new report “Sharia Law in Britain: A Threat to One Law for All and Equal Rights” was published on the day to coincide with the rally. Human rights activist Gita Sahgal said of the report: “I think it is highly significant that in Britain there has been silence where there should have been condemnation. There is active support for ‘Sharia laws’ precisely because it is limited to denying women rights in the family. No hands are being cut off, so there can’t be a problem. Unfortunately for us, senior law officers will find that human rights expert bodies often have a similar attitude. They have done little research on the impact of family laws and the denial of justice caused by parallel systems of justice. That is why the findings of this report are so important. It is such dedicated work that changes the thinking of the experts.”

She went on to say: “This campaign stands at the heart of a debate over the future of Britain. It also stands at the heart of global attempts to destroy the most basic rights, to invade liberty and to crush equality and to do this in the name of upholding and promoting human rights. We stand here today facing down forces of racism and fundamentalism as we struggle for secularism.”

The pro-Sharia Al-Muhajiroun organised a counter-demonstration to the One Law for All rally. One of their members said: “We find many of these people who call for human rights and one law. They come and they say that they want equality. But what equality do you get when one man legislates over another?” In response, One Law for All Spokesperson, Maryam Namazie, said: “The fight against Sharia law is a fight against Islamism not Muslims, immigrants and people living under Sharia here or elsewhere. So it is very apt for the Islamists to hold a counter-demonstration against our rally. This is where the real battleground lies. With a few members of the far Right English Defence League also there to showcase their bigotry, it became abundantly clear to everyone why our Campaign is fast becoming the banner carrier for universal rights, equality, and one secular law for all in this country and beyond.”

MC Fariborz Pooya of the Iranian Secular Society said: “The One Law for All Campaign has brought to centre stage an important debate about the kind of society we want to live in whilst defending the rights of everyone irrespective of religion, race, nationality…; this Campaign is truly the voice of the voiceless.”

Women’s rights campaigner Yasmin Rehman said: “We Muslims have been a part of the UK for many, many years but the generations before me did not feel the need for or call for segregation in the way that is being demanded now. At the beginning of my career as a women’s rights advocate there was no need to apply for a certificate of Khula in divorce cases. Muslim women are now being told that divorces under the English legal system are not valued or recognised without a certificate of Khula – and should they remarry without this they will be committing Zina – a ‘crime’ punishable by death in many Muslim countries. This is not a view shared by all Islamic scholars but a view that is being pushed through the Islamic councils and tribunals across the UK.”

Anna Waters of One Law for All’s Legal Team said: “Any reasonable interpretation of the Human Rights Act shows us that there are certain things that it doesn’t allow – and one of the things it doesn’t allow is for a woman to have an inferior or second class status when she stands before a judge in a court of law. This is exactly what is happening…”

Sue Robson of the Gay And Lesbian Humanist Association said: “This is a human rights issue. Here in the UK, it’s an egalitarian issue; it’s a feminist issue. Elsewhere in our world, the issue is life – and death.”

Taken from here http://www.onelawforall.org.uk/

I am not prejudiced

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

JohnD, Before supporting these people, I urge you to GOOGLE Darwish, and read what she has to say from FIRST HAND experience of these Evil individuals. If you consider that a child of 12 months can be given to a man to use as he so desires and marry a child of 9 years of age is even remotely acceptable, then I feel deeply sorry for you. Then the male can hand the chid back to the family who consider it acceptable to murder the child for bringing shame on their family, surely you must agree that this is EVIL in it's extreme. And you still support their doctrine. John, you need help.
If you then can hold your head up high and sing their praises or even appease their doctrine, you are no better than they are.
I again Urge you to read what Darwish has to say.

A modicum of research will show that the vast majority of child abusers and child killers in Britain are are of a Christian background, as well as our most notorious mass murderers.

A modicum of research will show that the vast majority of child abusers and child killers in Britain are are of a Christian background, as well as our most notorious mass murderers.

Just a little further research will show that the vast majority of people who bomb buses, crash planes into buildings and abuse little girls and women in the name of some mythical character etc etc are Islamists.
OH! Yes the IRA do there bit of blowing innocent decent living people up also, but Islam is a world wide problem to decent human beings. The Catholic Church has done it's bit of hiding behind a mythical character to abuse children but comparatively small in number compared to that abused in the name of Islam. There are of course other minor organisation who terrorise people for there own perverted causes but generally they are limited to small groups, most of which none of us has ever heard of, but Islam is a World Wide problem threatening World stability and the freedom we have become to enjoy.
Don't trivialise the Evil of Islamism by quoting the relatively small number of weirdos in our midst. Islamism is an enormous threat to our society.

In 2008 the Government sanctioned five Shariah courts to operate in this country, ruling on a range of civil matters including financial disputes and divorce

The problem with sharia courts in the UK (and other courts, like the jewish ones), particularly with anything relating to divorce, is the concern as to just how willing both participants are, women may be stigmatized into accepting their rulings as opposed to a British court ruling.

Whether or not you worry about them taking over the country, my opinion is 1 non english court in England, is 1 to many.

Nothing to add JohnD, but cynicism Eh!
Typical of your 'Roll Over and Get Stuffed' type.
Try something constructive or even destructive if you like, but cynicism achieves absolutely nothing.

Sponsored Links
Back