Daytime Running Lights Crisis

Sponsored Links
they will make a difference at junctions where oncoming traffic is scarce but they wont be any good in busy traffic, where motorcyclists and cyclists are vulnerable.

and your rear fogs, if visibility is that poor - but remember to turn them off, when another vehicle closes up behind you, to avoid dazzling them.
If I'm driving along and see ...

wipers on when it's ceased raining
fogs on when there's no fog

... I literally shout out loud in my car 'WHERE'S THE FECKING RAIN/FOG YOU TW*T?!?'

Can they hear me? Nope. Does it momentarily make me feel better? Yep :)

More civilised nations such as Nordic ones have their car lights on all year round.
I thought they were just concerned about running into moose

maybe you think that’s more civilised…..

Sponsored Links
I thought they were just concerned about running into moose

maybe you think that’s more civilised…..
Could you tell us which Nordic countries have a large moose population?

Maybe you are confusing them with Elk and Reindeer...

All of them taste very nice btw!

Last edited:
These days driving along in the middle of the day, bright sunshine, and cars in long lines with their lights on blazing each other in the face, sometimes so bright hard to see.
Meanwhile on the radio, we are told there's an energy crisis, climate crisis .... the imminent threat of wasting energy, saving every drop.

Do you ever get the feeling someone is laughing in your face, in the face of your whole country?
That you are all being pulled and prodded and your whole way of life turned upside down whilst someone else is having a little party at your expense ?
I remember back in about the 1970s drivers were urged to switch headlamps on when it rained. Many drivers overreacted and switched them on at the first sign of rain. Then the message was - only use use headlamps when visibility is significantly impaired. But the genie was out of the bottle and headlamps would come on whenever the sun went in. Similarly with overuse of rear fog lamps.
Since then it's got worse, many drivers start the engine and switch on headlamps, however good the visibility. It's of a piece with the vast increase of big cars, SUVs etc. I want me and my "loved ones" to be safe, indifferent to the fact that one person's increased safety means less safety for others.

Could you tell us which Nordic countries have a large moose population?
Do you mean apart from Sweden, Norway and Finland

It seems to be another foot in mouth moment for you eh :giggle:

Brother in laws VW 4x4 headlight packed up main stealers price about £400 smackers he bought one of the bay and had it fitted elsewhere stil £145 for a headlight FFS I would be driving in the dark for that

Sponsored Links
Back