DC Plug availability.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know where I can purchase a DC 9V-12V radio plug similar to the attached but not a sealed unit? The plug is 5.5mm outside dia and appears to be 2.0mm inside dia. The plug is positive centered. The amount of similar plugs available is rather like a minefield!

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211213_213813.jpg
    20211213_213813.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 119
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
As above,

It's probably listed as a 5.5x2.1mm DC plug.

But if you don't feel like soldering, you can use something like:
https://cpc.farnell.com/blupont/c-ps-2-1-madap/cctv-dc-plug-adaptor-2-1mm-male/dp/SR10553
Although in this case the plug looks a bit short.

Or, if you want a recommendation for a replacement PSU, we need a bit more information! :)
As above,

It's probably listed as a 5.5x2.1mm DC plug.

But if you don't feel like soldering, you can use something like:
https://cpc.farnell.com/blupont/c-ps-2-1-madap/cctv-dc-plug-adaptor-2-1mm-male/dp/SR10553
Although in this case the plug looks a bit short.

Or, if you want a recommendation for a replacement PSU, we need a bit more information! :)
Thanks everyone. I should have said that the metal part of the plug is 12 mm long.

IIRC the colour of the plastic ring tells you what size it is.

(sometimes?)
and you can get the connector pre-wired, which may save you needing to solder it

wired.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC the colour of the plastic ring tells you what size it is.

(sometimes?)
and you can get the connector pre-wired, which may save you needing to solder it

View attachment 254179
The problem with the colour coding (if/where it exists) it is not standard and varies between manufacturers.

Sorry I read your OP as looking for a new power supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back