Death in the channel…again

Sponsored Links
Yep I spotted that. I will have a look at the logs later to see who was and wasn’t doing their job.

To be fair if the illegals refuse the help of the French they can’t exactly board them.

However if they were rescued in French waters, the RNLI should have taken them to the nearest port to receive medical help. I can’t see how that can be Kent.

RNLI involved despite the incident being well inside French waters.
Deaths and accidents do not respect international boundaries.
Those that tirelessly work to save lives cannot be expected to rigorously respect the boundaries and to refuse to cooperate with the saving of lives.
If the victims were already dead, there wouldn't be much point rushing them to the nearest hospital.
And if they weren't it would still makes sense, if the care that is needed can be given onboard, that the patients are transported to a familiar berth for the boats, rather than an unfamiliar berth.

If the asylum seekers refused the help of the French, and threatened to be uncooperative if they were handed over to French boats, there would be no point in trying to do so. It would endanger more lives.

Sponsored Links
“Familiar berth” do you think the skipper is incapable of docking anywhere other than home berth? These are highly trained and qualified sailors not some half qualified day skipper with an ICC.

In the 12 months to 2023, immigration to the UK June 2023 was 1.2m
The ONS data shows the vast majority of arrivals were from countries outside of the European Union - 968,000.

While students account for the largest group of non-EU migrants, the same as last year, officials say there has been an increase in workers arriving to take up posts in the NHS and social care.

1. The net migration figure to the UK for 2022 has been revised upwards to 745,000
  2. In May, figure for 2022 was given as 606,000 - a record at the time - and that was today revised up by 139,000

In the 12 months to 2023, immigration to the UK June 2023 was 1.2m
The ONS data shows the vast majority of arrivals were from countries outside of the European Union - 968,000.

While students account for the largest group of non-EU migrants, the same as last year, officials say there has been an increase in workers arriving to take up posts in the NHS and social care.

1. The net migration figure to the UK for 2022 has been revised upwards to 745,000
  2. In May, figure for 2022 was given as 606,000 - a record at the time - and that was today revised up by 139,000
Exactly, coming from all angles.

they are down by 1/3rd.
- new laws or sh*te summer conditions. ?
The conditions don't seem to matter, do they?
An attempt will still be made when the gangmasters say so.
Short of shooting them out of the water i don't see how boat crossings can be stopped.
New laws? That's the best defence the government can come up with - a piece of paper.
Not sure how that'll survive a dunking in the Channel, do you?

Sponsored Links
Back