Iranian Migration a bit more info..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Is it feck. We need more third world immigrants from 'that' religion like a hole in the head. They should stay and make a success of their own country, if they're so bright. But then, it easier to get the British to give them a good life, rather than struggle to do it for themselves.

Exactly,, stay in their own country instead of coming here!!!

Its why the rejection rate is 66% - I did post the actual numbers.
Is that the initial rejection rate?
About 30% of rejections are overturned on appeal.

"In ... UK, ... 31.8% gaining some form of protection."
"Of the ... appeals ... a third - were allowed, in effect overturning the Home Office's initial decision."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46722157
Iranians have a higher success rate.
"...from Iran...47% were granted it based on the initial decision - higher than average for asylum seekers as a whole"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46722157

Sponsored Links
I dont see how you reach that conclusion.
Me neither, its certainly a view held by those patrolling the waters. Somebody tells you its only 30 miles and that people can swim it and you might be tempted. I've sailed with people who ask if they can swim off the back when the tide is flowing at 4kts and the water is 15 degrees.

its certainly a view held by those patrolling the waters.
The issue of "it would appear that some have such little experience of the sea and cold weather,.. " is not being debated.

It was your other assumptions that was under question: "Its not quite the same story as "desperate refugees attempt channel crossing" and "that they simply don't realise that its certain death, if you fall in."
I'm sure they do realise it's certain death if they fall in, which demonstrates how desperate they are.

upload_2018-12-31_16-31-36.png

Except foreigners. And asylum seekers. And immigrants. And Muslims.

It's quite natural for 'birds of a feather to flock together'. Therefore it's natural that species of one particular variety would congregate at a welcoming and sympathetic envirnment.

However, if the owner of the roost was a responsible home-owner, you would expect them to clear the crap form their home, unless they were content with the crap.

I had to look up "soi-disant" :notworthy:

And this soi-disant "friendly site" does absolutely nothing to stop people promulgating messages of racist etc hate.

So is your disdain for racism not apply to travellers? You thought it was perfectly acceptable to imply that I was a traveller, in a negative manner, just the other day.

Why do you and your fellow travellers labour under the misapprehension that there can't possibly be more than one person who disagrees with you?
I also found it amusing that the post was 'liked' by your mate Doppy, also an rabid anti-racist person.

Well, some biscuits have definitely been taken here.

If their were prohibition from the site of people who were not friendly, then who would be the two most likely not to be here?

Sorry, no prizes. The question is too easy.

MOD: As boring as it is predictable.

So is your disdain for racism not apply to travellers? You thought it was perfectly acceptable to imply that I was a traveller, in a negative manner, just the other day.

I also found it amusing that the post was 'liked' by your mate Doppy, also an rabid anti-racist person.
Are you trying to resurrect the "fellow traveler" argument which has previously been put resolutely to bed?
"fellow traveler" does not refer to any member of any traveling community, but to a person who happens to be on a similar journey, irrespective if that journey is literal or figurative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back