More deaths in the channel

more people will have been killed on the roads today, and tommorow, and the day after.... who cares

lets worry about criminals trying to break into our country.

Sponsored Links
Aside from any political stance on boat people, it must be a terrifying experience crossing the busiest shipping lane in the world, in the middle of December. The water is around 11 deg C you could be unconscious in an hour.
Most won’t last more than 15 mins in water that cold. Then there is the very high risk of heart attack when you are pulled out as the blood drains to your feet.

Most won’t last more than 15 mins in water that cold. Then there is the very high risk of heart attack when you are pulled out as the blood drains to your feet.
Reported on the news that some of them wore t-shirts and a thin life vest.
I'm surprised more didn't perish in that cold.

Cold water drowning does have the advantage of recovery from “death” up to 2 hours without a heart beat.

Sponsored Links
Cold water drowning does have the advantage of recovery from “death” up to 2 hours without a heart beat.
Most of the people who drowned on the sinking of the Estonia in the Baltic wore little more than nightshirts and pyjamas when they had to jump into lifeboats. Most didn't make it, but in an interview with one of the survivors it showed a clip of his rescue and he looked like a ghost; almost bloodless. One of his companions on the boat said he'd been saved just in time as 'he was starting to look like the others'.

Priti Patel talking tough on migrants, then...
Suella Braverman talking tough on migrants, then...
Rishi Sunak talking tough on migrants...

What do these cardboard politicians have in common?
You're 100% right Andy, we never see white politicians talking tough on various socioeconomic matters and then not delivering. That never happens ...

Aside from any political stance on boat people, it must be a terrifying experience crossing the busiest shipping lane in the world, in the middle of December. The water is around 11 deg C you could be unconscious in an hour.

I took up openwater swimming around ten years ago, mainly for the exercise without having the toe-tapping of lane swimming.
Anything from 500m, to 2500m.
Not one of these "Countryfile" types, who splash themselves in some snow-surrounded welsh hill lake for a couple of minutes, for the mental health benefits.

Because I want it to be a leisure pursuit rather than some sort of endurance / torture feat, I wear a wetsuit when the water is below about 16 degrees C.

Down to about 11, I swim 500m (aiming for c. 9mins), then out and off.

Below 10, I cannot conceive of anything other than a few yards of head-up breaststroke, with a lot of swearing.
So, I tend not to bother when it gets to that level.

One friend does a km in that cold, in his peedos; when he gets out, his speech is seriously slurred (what is scary though, he feels fine in himself. Which is probably as dangerous an aspect as anything).

I did my sea survival course in cold water (standard Musto wet gear, not a dry suit) - it doesn't feel "cold" it feels like you are being stabbed with needles, all over. The first thing you have to do is stop yourself from thrashing about as it causes you to expel heat quicker and go in to cold shock.

On a fairly full bus on Tuesday, a teen, a coloured female, sat occupying one of the forward seats, clearly marked as being for the less able. She had blocked the seat alongside her, with a second coat. She had flipped down the fold up seat in front of her, to rest her muddy booted feet on. To add to the mix, she was jabbering away at the top of her voice, to a male whom she had on loudspeaker, on her phone in some foreign tongue. Several elderly and infirm people got on, struggling to find somewhere to even sit down. One lady with a stick wasn't able to find anywhere to sit, and had to stand in front of the teen on the phone.

I interrupted the teen and tried to ask if she understood English, but she claimed not to. I pointed at the sign by her elbow and, then indicated the lady in front of her, having to struggle to stand, at which she removed her muddy feet from the flip seat and carried on jabbering on the phone and laughing. The woman had to clean the seat of mud, before she could even sit down.

On a fairly full bus on Tuesday, a teen, a coloured female, sat occupying one of the forward seats, clearly marked as being for the less able. She had blocked the seat alongside her, with a second coat. She had flipped down the fold up seat in front of her, to rest her muddy booted feet on. To add to the mix, she was jabbering away at the top of her voice, to a male whom she had on loudspeaker, on her phone in some foreign tongue. Several elderly and infirm people got on, struggling to find somewhere to even sit down. One lady with a stick wasn't able to find anywhere to sit, and had to stand in front of the teen on the phone.

I interrupted the teen and tried to ask if she understood English, but she claimed not to. I pointed at the sign by her elbow and, then indicated the lady in front of her, having to struggle to stand, at which she removed her muddy feet from the flip seat and carried on jabbering on the phone and laughing. The woman had to clean the seat of mud, before she could even sit down.
What the feck does that have to do with anything? Mind you, you're 100% right Harry, young white females would NEVER act in such a manner. People like the following comic depiction don't exist in real life. Actually I saw a report the other day that analysed a million inconsiderate acts conducted in public over the past year by people under 20 years old and you know what? Every single one was a brown person. Not one, not a single, inconsiderate act conducted by a white youngster, they're all pure as the proverbial snow ;)

Vicky-Pollard.jpg

401 crossed yesterday.
It's a very high survival rate for something so reckless. Together with the perks and wealth that we offer as a prize for them for doing it, it's easy to see why so many do. If I was a young chap living in a semi-developed country with few prospects then I'd probably give it a go.

In fact if you're british and homeless or just poor then it might make sense to get yourself over to France then throw your passport in the sea on the way back. Perhaps it would be good enough to just dip yourself into the sea in Dover and walk back up the beach, then await all the help.

Sponsored Links
Back