More deaths in the channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Looks like it was our side of the channel this time. Quite a lot of SARs vessels out and about in the area at the moment.
Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 09.06.12.png

Sponsored Links

There are plenty of other trackers - I looked up the closest RNLI life boat to see what was going on.

I can't believe people are crazy enough to cross the channel in these boats, in these conditions.

3 hours sat still in -3 is going to give you hyperthermia without even thinking about what would happen if you got splashed/wet

Last edited:
I can't believe people are crazy enough to cross the channel in these boats, in these conditions.

They're desperate.

Desperate to check into a Holiday Inn because the French wouldn't put them up in 4* luxury. Desperate to have an easy life on the hard pressed UK tax payer.

Sponsored Links
Even the French press is complaining that the UK is too soft on them... :rolleyes:

A big fat "told you so" to the do-gooders who have been encouraging and facilitating this reckless behaviour.
I find it odd, very odd, that these people are hiding behind the cloak of anonymity.

4 lifeboats out there now (yellow hl) one French wwarship (blue hl)

Are the lifeboats "patrolling" ?

1671034164745.png

This is what people are up against if they try to debate this (with a view to reducing boat crossings) or to offer temp solutions to housing these people.

What would Clive Lewis propose as more suitable accommodation for them? No less than 3 bed semis on new build housing estates? No less than 4 star hotels?

For as much as I can't be bothered with the Tories on many fronts, Labour are very good at shouting them down but not actually saying what plans/policies they would implement. Luxury of being in opposition I suppose. Be interesting to see what they actually do (on this and other stuff) if they get in at next GE.

Wait, I already know. For the first 5 years minimum, they'll just say 'we're still clearing up the mess from the Tories'

;)

@Justin Passing The best way to find out is, click the historic AIS data for the past week and then add each of the key vessels (MMSI) to the layer. There are few of bigger Trent classes that seem to be on migrant taxi duty. Add in Defender and the French warships and you can see the pattern.

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 16.29.07.png

I find it odd, very odd, that these people are hiding behind the cloak of anonymity.
I'm assuming you're expressing your indignation , please explain what you think is the issue.

Current policies have stuck a blooming great pot of gold, including being collected, getting a free hotel room, full board and pocket money, and ultimately a passport at the end of an extremely hazardous journey. Do you not think that this may just possibly encourage more to take those risks and therefore come to a very tragic end?

This is all the grimmest possible example of unintended consequences, it was obvious that this was where things were heading and well-meaning people have inadvertently contributed.

Sponsored Links
Back