Not so bad, then?

Sponsored Links
From BBC article
For deaths among all age groups Poland ended 2020 with the highest rate (11.6% above the five-year average), followed by Spain (10.6%) and Belgium (9.7%).

England ranked seventh on this list (7.8%) with the UK eighth (7.2%).

From BBC article
For deaths among all age groups Poland ended 2020 with the highest rate (11.6% above the five-year average), followed by Spain (10.6%) and Belgium (9.7%).

England ranked seventh on this list (7.8%) with the UK eighth (7.2%).

which one are you looking at?

edit

ah, I see it now. Looks to me like he is quoting the under-65's figure. Can you see the numbers where his percentage comes from?

Accurate stats are just trifling details, people don't want to be bothering with them. Government and MSM have done a great scare job and Bozza is riding to our rescue. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
The public prefer to let the media do their thinking for them.
They prefer soundbites and slogans to in depth analysis, i have to admit i don't have a great attention span when it comes to facts about CV19, i just want to know when Wetherspoons are gonna open again.

Sponsored Links
ah, I see it now. Looks to me like he is quoting the under-65's figure. Can you see the numbers where his percentage comes from?

edit

edit again

no, I can't see where his numbers come from.

According to the latest published statistics, me & my cat both have 3x legs !

No numbers mentioned just 7%,also same on ONS website,i presume he got 42000 from 7% of 600000 it can't be right surely?

the source data might be in an attachment to
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...talitybetweeneuropeancountriesandregions/2020

but I can't see it.
It's possible he is using an "all-pandemic" percentage rather than calendar year 2020, but he doesn't say so.

The FT says "excess deaths UK 116,952"

and this interactive chart I generated is cumulative since 1/2/2020

Screenshot_2021-03-20 Free to read Coronavirus tracked has the epidemic peaked near you .png

but it is not "excess deaths"

Last edited:

edit

edit again

no, I can't see where his numbers come from.
Its age standardised mortality rate,thats where the difference comes from,so i take it even though say Covid killed 87000? half of them would have died anyway in 2020 leaving the excess deaths around the remaining 50%,but if that was the case woudn't more have been made about it ?
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...e-cumulative-age-standardised-mortality-rates

Last edited:
What’s the situation in Portugal with this virus ?
It could be very bad given EFL hasn't replied.
Christ it's only been 75 minutes since Charlie asked.

For this latest wave, the figures pro rata for population have been remarkably similar to the UK's.

I did point this out recently when the UK said you were doing 'so well' because of the vaccinations yet Portugal is doing exactly the same without as many vaccinations.

Eight deaths yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56456312

"Nevertheless, the UK had one of the highest excess death rates among people under the age of 65 in 2020 at 7.7%.

Excess mortality is the number of deaths by any cause that happen over and above the average for that time of year.

Meanwhile, the government's separate daily UK coronavirus figures show the number of deaths within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test are continuing to fall.

On Friday, the UK reported a further 101 deaths and 4,802 cases, according to the data. Last Friday, 175 deaths and 6,609 cases were recorded.

The UK saw 7% more deaths than normally expected during 2020. Within the UK, England's death rate was 8% above expected levels across the whole year, Scotland's was 6%, Northern Ireland 5% and Wales 4%.

The Office for National Statistics figures cover up to 18 December so do not include deaths from this year. About a third of the UK's Covid deaths have happened since then."

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back