Decorating a bathroom help

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The next project in my new extension is to decorate the bathroom. Currently the room is bare plaster with 18mm plywood floors. Lighting and ventilation are done. All the pipes are in the right place in the walls/floors. We want a karndean floor (or similar) which has to be laid on 6mm plywood so I have some questions about that as well.

Is this the right order to attempt this?

1. Bring pipes out of walls and cap.
  2. Bring waste pipes through floor.
  3. Lay 6mm plywood to top of existing floor. I was going to run under the bath. Should I run under the shower tray too? I thought butting up would help lower the tray slightly.
  4. Tank shower area.
  5. Fit shower tray and bath.
  6. Fit floor. I know this needs to go under the bottom row of tiles but should I fit before all the tiling or tile the room down to the last row and then fit? I've seen people online batten the walls to allow them to do this. I know this goes under the toilet and basin but should the bath also sit on top or not?
  7. Tile walls
  8. Paint ceiling
  9. Fit shower and enclosure
  10. Install toilet
  11. Install basin
  12. Install towel rail
  13. Anything else?
  14. Drink beer.
Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back